Notices

New 2004 Civic EX

Old 10-20-2003, 05:27 AM
04civicEX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New 2004 Civic EX

Hey All, as you can all probably tell, i am new here. im heading out to buy my new Civic today and was curious as to whether anyone knew any good places to get parts for a 2004. i have been looking all over the internet and have yet to find any. my future mods list is pretty extensive so i kind of want to start soon. any help/advice/critisism or whatever is greatly appreciated. thanks all!
Old 10-20-2003, 05:38 AM
westcoaststyle
Still here... sorta...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is there a diff between the 01-03 and 04? If not, then the 7th gen parts will work.
Old 10-20-2003, 05:40 AM
04civicEX

engine wise they both have the 1.7 vtec, the only things i am curious about are small things like gauges, exhaust, body kits. im going to get one with the honda aero kit, but not sure about the body kits if i change it anytime soon. any ideas?
Old 10-20-2003, 05:45 AM
westcoaststyle
Still here... sorta...

Ya, don't put a body kit on it. Most people out here aren't partial to body kits. They're fugly :ugh:

put a nice lip kit on there and you're good :goodjob:

The problem with getting a brand new car is that you will pay the most for parts and they will be harder to find. If the car is different than the 01-03 you will pay even more because of the R&D that will go into the new fabrications.

Wait a few months for more of them to get on the road and check the major sites like www.optauto.com www.wiredspeed.com www.modacar.com for changes to their 7th gen listings to see if they include the 04 model.

hih
Old 10-20-2003, 05:53 AM
Wharbone

Get a 5th or 6th gen. It will be much cheaper to mod. Or get the rsx-s if you want a new car.
Old 10-20-2003, 06:22 AM
04civicEX

the only reason as to why im buying brand new is because interest rates in my town are rock bottom, and im a college student that needs a car thats going to last me a long time. i was looking for a 94-95 but without driving 3 states away, i couldnt find anything worth even looking at. the only body kit i really plan to ever have on it is the honda aero kit which has the front lip that is nice IMO. parts wise, im not going to do too much until next spring (winter in michigan sucks for modded cars). ill post a future mod list and some pics of hopefully what im going to get even though ill prob have to have the dealership get it from somewhere else. the one thing i am happy about is that in my area, hardly anyone except older people (im 20) have a 2k4 civic, and i will be the only one near me that has a modded 2k4 which will be nice.
Old 10-20-2003, 06:59 AM
incublinkus
JDM Fan Boy

yeah dude, if you going to pay that much for a brand new civic, and if interest rates are really that low, you might as well spring for the base RSX or even the Type-S, ESPECIALLY since you have then intention to modify. just a thought.

i think the 2k4 civic is basically the same, in terms of chassis and stuff, I think they just changed the facia's and left everything else underneath the skin the same, so exhausts and what not will be the same.
Old 10-20-2003, 07:27 AM
NoRiCeHeRe

If you're planning on doing anything to you engine you might as well get another car. That is unless you plan on running turbo then that's different. On the body kit issue, some kits look good but most don't. Although some like the more aggressive look. I would stick closely to what westcoaststyle said, he has great advise. :thumbup:
Old 10-20-2003, 08:25 AM
westcoaststyle
Still here... sorta...

:kiss: :ugh:

5th gens ownerage.
Old 10-20-2003, 10:04 AM
Civic2Scooby

where do you go to school? sorry off topic