Notices

American in Europe

Old 10-07-2003, 02:23 AM
cmndr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default American in Europe

Hey everyone I am new to this board and have a quick question. I am stationed with the US Air Force in Germany right now and I have a 98 Civic EX. Just wondering if there is anything over here with these Hondas that I could use to improve mine. Are these cars of the JDM line or do they have their own? Just wanted to see if I could grab some stuff while I can. Thanks a lot!
Matt
Old 10-07-2003, 02:27 AM
S2Kev

Hi, welcome to the forum. The Honda's over there actually have their own market, the european domestic market (edm).
Old 10-07-2003, 02:33 AM
cmndr

Thanks for the welcome. So since they have there own market is there anything that is worth the time?
Thanks again
Old 10-07-2003, 02:41 AM
S2Kev

I'm not exactly sure what you guys have in europe but a moderator/user by the name of asiandoood does know. I suggest you just wait until he replies or you can private message him.
Old 10-07-2003, 06:13 AM
Redcivic
One of the original OG's

Yes, europe has the VTI and several other engines and models for their market including the type-R civic. I also read one time that there is a variation of the B18C teg motor (can't remember the code right now). You could also get and Accord Type-R's H22 which has a little more HP than the USDM H22 I think. Also, Europe had the coupe just like us so there is bound to be some stuff on them that we did not have that would make for originality. I also believe they had a jordan (race car driver not the basketball player ) civic model.
Old 10-07-2003, 06:25 AM
Wharbone

EDM, yo!
Old 10-07-2003, 12:13 PM
ManInCamo
Old School Crew

AIR POWER

EDM is just as cool as JDM, but not many people ever think about EDM
Old 10-07-2003, 01:55 PM
SUPER LAUBO
KiMBO's Hubby

how's the honda scene over there? i heard Germans take great pride in their line of cars so its seldom you see any Asian cars there...
Old 10-07-2003, 02:42 PM
cmndr

Thanks guys for all the replies and info. As far as the seen goes over here, well there is no seen. Every last one of them drives either a Golf, Polo (smaller than a Golf) or an Opel. That is of course outside of all the BMW's. So yes you are right, they take huge pride in their cars. Where we live is right on the Belgiun and Dutch border. This is the black hole of Germany. Everyone has said such wonderful things about Germany, well they aren't talking about this place. So maybe in other places, better places, there is a bigger seen. It gets a little better when you cross the border into Holland (10min. away). You see a little more variety, but pretty much just all VW's. Let's just say that since I have been here (2000) I have seen 2 civic R's that I can remember. Thanks again everyone.
Old 10-07-2003, 03:11 PM
white_n_slow
it's my D in a B

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

when I was in Sweden and Denmark last summer, there were a few cool hondas (a few type-Rs, and the latest accord euro-R).. but they were all stock. Seems like the only cars they modify there are BMWs, Mercs, and saabs/volvos... Oh yeah, there were a few pimped Seats too (but I guess that counts a VW)