Notices
Drag Strip From the staging lanes to the finish line, this is the spot for on-track drag racing discussion.

Idiots

Old 03-08-2004, 11:28 AM
atlaccordguy
Blah h22a Blah

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Idiots

If you so feel the need to share your illegal fun then don't be idiots just replace street info with track info even if race was on street. Man I never heard so many babies. 1st amendment this and that. If you really feel the urge to share then improvise. Thats it.
Old 03-08-2004, 11:43 AM
axemansean

Don't trick the system, karma is bad and it will get you eventually. If you want to race in the streets then find somewhere else to post. How difficult is it to go to a track and race, look in the phone book tracks are everywhere.
Old 03-08-2004, 12:08 PM
atlaccordguy
Blah h22a Blah

Originally Posted by axemansean
Don't trick the system, karma is bad and it will get you eventually. If you want to race in the streets then find somewhere else to post. How difficult is it to go to a track and race, look in the phone book tracks are everywhere.

Sorry I don't street race. I was stating this because of all the people whining about the no street racing thing. And their is no such thing as Karma at least in my eyes. You are right I go up to my local track pay my 20 bucks and race legally all night. Now you guys are just being wanksta's about this. I was just saying that you could write about a track race when in real orld it is a street race. Not trick the system. Its called common sense. Just like common sense would be not to street race, but ya know what, no matter what you and me and everyone else who dislikes S/R does it will always happen. Doesn't make it right but thats the way the cookie crumbles. Do I think that you guys are alienating your members, yes. Do I care , no! It is really sad to see things get like this. I'm sorry but most of the people here including mods and admins would take the chance of racing someone on the streets. Even thought they say they don't. But if a nice car pulls up and you get that little urge, I doubt people just blow it off, it maay not be organized or whatever but even a short little race is a race. Well anyways back to the real world. Peace
Old 03-08-2004, 12:24 PM
Dave-ROR
RAD owns.

While I don't disagree with you in most regards, I happen to live on one of the main drags for street racing. I get reved on all the time. I haven't engaged in a contest of speed in years. I'm not trying to make myself sound good or anything but I guess I'm in the "minority" in your "most of the people here including mods and admins" part.

One thing that I find weird though, back when I used to street race (when I was 18 or so) I never posted about it. I never had an urge to. I really don't see why I ever would get the urge to.

Then again, I also don't post about every part I install on my car. :shrug: Maybe that's connected, maybe not.

And yes, I agree that it would be _extremely_ easy to just say it happened at a strip. I can't control that and neither can anyone else. So far I've been called a communist and a Nazi in the past few days because of this rule. I find it sad that people have nothing else to do but get pissed because that can't discuss street racing anymore and instead compare the rules to governments/people who killed others in the millions.

Granted.. I am part german.. maybe part russian too
Old 03-08-2004, 01:02 PM
atlaccordguy
Blah h22a Blah

Originally Posted by Dave-ROR
While I don't disagree with you in most regards, I happen to live on one of the main drags for street racing. I get reved on all the time. I haven't engaged in a contest of speed in years. I'm not trying to make myself sound good or anything but I guess I'm in the "minority" in your "most of the people here including mods and admins" part.

One thing that I find weird though, back when I used to street race (when I was 18 or so) I never posted about it. I never had an urge to. I really don't see why I ever would get the urge to.

Then again, I also don't post about every part I install on my car. :shrug: Maybe that's connected, maybe not.

And yes, I agree that it would be _extremely_ easy to just say it happened at a strip. I can't control that and neither can anyone else. So far I've been called a communist and a Nazi in the past few days because of this rule. I find it sad that people have nothing else to do but get pissed because that can't discuss street racing anymore and instead compare the rules to governments/people who killed others in the millions.

Granted.. I am part german.. maybe part russian too

I agree totally, I was just tired of hearing everyone whine, so I gave them ideas to quite there bitching. And I also Back when I was 18 I never posted in any type of forum. I was too busy having a life. How old are you now dude. Your age could have something to do with never posting racing stuff. When I was 18 there wasn't even that many sites to post on. Anyways ya'll run a good site and it gets me through work, and I learn a shitload. Peace
Old 03-08-2004, 01:14 PM
Dave-ROR
RAD owns.

Originally Posted by atlaccordguy
I agree totally, I was just tired of hearing everyone whine, so I gave them ideas to quite there bitching. And I also Back when I was 18 I never posted in any type of forum. I was too busy having a life. How old are you now dude. Your age could have something to do with never posting racing stuff. When I was 18 there wasn't even that many sites to post on. Anyways ya'll run a good site and it gets me through work, and I learn a shitload. Peace
I'm 26, and come to think of it, there were newgroups instead of forums 8 years ago I guess.. damn I'm old (not really)

But I agree, when I was 18 I wasn't very concerned with telling people on the internet what I was doing, I'd rather be going to parties and graduating back then.

To note for those who think I'm saying all street racers are 18, I'm not, just using that age since it's when I used to street race.
Old 03-08-2004, 03:39 PM
Tirod

ricer streetracing n00bs are stupid.... thus they dont think of such clever ways around things
Old 03-08-2004, 08:03 PM
cobbcustomz

It is fairly difficult to go to a track. Up in the Northeast at least around me there is one track within a 2 hour area. and that only has test and tune on wednesday nights and saturday mornings. It ya work nights cant go during the week and on saturdays you can pay $20 to race but only potentially get a couple runs in in 6 hours. The place is generally mobbed.
Old 03-08-2004, 08:09 PM
axemansean

Originally Posted by cobbcustomz
It is fairly difficult to go to a track. Up in the Northeast at least around me there is one track within a 2 hour area. and that only has test and tune on wednesday nights and saturday mornings. It ya work nights cant go during the week and on saturdays you can pay $20 to race but only potentially get a couple runs in in 6 hours. The place is generally mobbed.
I would much rather go through that hassle than race on the streets. A guy I knew killed his whole family, he tboned a minivan racing... turned out the minivan had his mom, dad and little sister inside. Imagine waking up everyday and knowing that you are pretty much responsible for the death of your family. If that is the risk you want to take then go ahead because you obviously don't value the life of others or your own.

(You is universal, I am not pointing fingers at anyone in particular.)
Old 03-08-2004, 08:14 PM
cobbcustomz

I would much rather go through that hassle than race on the streets. A guy I knew killed his whole family, he tboned a minivan racing... turned out the minivan had his mom, dad and little sister inside. Imagine waking up everyday and knowing that you are pretty much responsible for the death of your family. If that is the risk you want to take then go ahead because you obviously don't value the life of others or your own.

(You is universal, I am not pointing fingers at anyone in particular.)

understood, I wasnt condoning street racing i was just saying that it is much more difficult then just going to the track anytime you feel like racing.

That sucks about the guy you knew. If i ever injured anyone let alone my own family i dont know if i could live with myself (given that it was my fault)

Quick Reply: Idiots