Notices
Drag Strip From the staging lanes to the finish line, this is the spot for on-track drag racing discussion.

Idiots

Old 03-08-2004, 08:21 PM
axemansean

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cobbcustomz
understood, I wasnt condoning street racing i was just saying that it is much more difficult then just going to the track anytime you feel like racing.

That sucks about the guy you knew. If i ever injured anyone let alone my own family i dont know if i could live with myself (given that it was my fault)
Where there is a will there is way. I am a racing junkie but I NEVER race on the streets. I've cruised around in my brother's modded Accord and been revved at, I just shake my head and go my way. I've been revved at driving my sis in law's RSX-S, I just ignore them. The drag strips here are only open during the summer months. I have yet to go to one, and we have no local Auto X events here in WV. I find a go kart track, go in there and tear up the track. It may not be the thrill of going 100+ but I make it fun. I've been doing it for years and have become pretty good at it, I'm pretty much unbeatable no matter where I start from.

All I am trying to say is that its better to go through the hassle of trying to find a track than taking the risk of losing your life or fatally injuring someone who happened to be at the right place at the wrong time. I've seen people here run red lights going 100+ "racing" all it takes is me being a tad bit less cognicent and I'll be in their way. Its not worth the cost in the end.
Old 03-09-2004, 02:13 PM
Poboy

Originally Posted by axemansean
I have yet to go to one, and we have no local Auto X events here in WV. I find a go kart track, go in there and tear up the track. It may not be the thrill of going 100+ but I make it fun. I've been doing it for years and have become pretty good at it, I'm pretty much unbeatable no matter where I start from.
I don't know how far it is for you, but www.nationalroadrally.com has 2 day autocrosses listed on their site at Cumberland MD. Cumberland is in the MD pan handle, near Pennsylvania and WV. I assume you're aware of Summit Point Raceway - High Performance Driving Schools are held at the track by BSR (info on SP's site), CarGuys, and NASA. If the ~$250 for the weekend is a little steep, at some schools if you volunteer to work 2 weekends, you get one free. I may be talking out my a**, but I think there is a Blue Ridge area car club (I don't remember if it's SCCA or what). They would run in WV or western VA
All I am trying to say is that its better to go through the hassle of trying to find a track than taking the risk of losing your life or fatally injuring someone who happened to be at the right place at the wrong time.
And you can always find something. In every area there are people into motorsports.
Old 03-09-2004, 03:12 PM
hyperlite

i have one word... hypocrites
ill say it again.... HYP O CRITES

gimme a break
Old 03-09-2004, 10:28 PM
wedley2
bboy Wesley West

sigh, the judgements u guys make are kinda full of shit.
"streetracing" is negative in every way, the ppl who street race are stupid and ignorant. uhh...no
not EVERY streetracer is stupid, some of them are regular people and not all of the are classified as "ricers".
but im not gonna argue because ur gonna say, "you know you are wrong...", im gonna let you brainstorm ideas on why ppl street race, you need to be more open minded about things.
every street race my friend has participated in, no one has crashed or died. i know there is a high chance of crashing but no one here has ever brought it to that extreme. It might also depend on the location, at night san maghetto is empty (but damn police are cracking down).
sigh, im just frustrated that ppl try to enforce rules onto something that is already happening and is popular (only reason its not popular on HAN us becuz u guys flame streetracers so much...)
Its kinda like bootlegging, the more lawz or strict rules were put, the more illegal activity. just let thing happen and put a disclaimer that HAN is not liable, and everybody is HAPPY!
(my argument is all over the place, mind the mummble jumble)
Old 03-09-2004, 10:34 PM
hyperlite

dont worry thier all just hypocrites like i said.... if ur freind died from alcohal poisoning, would u stop drinking and say its wrong?
Old 03-09-2004, 10:41 PM
wedley2
bboy Wesley West

word brotha, my friend was drunk, riding the top of a car while it was going 60mph and his friends punching his stomach at the same time. hella funny.
i know this is a private server and i know its not a right but a privilege to speak on this server but shouldnt we hav a right to at least state our opinions before suddenly admins start enforcing these wacky rulez?
anyways, im out, peace
Old 03-10-2004, 06:36 AM
Dave-ROR
RAD owns.

the mumble jumble made that hard to read, but where did I (or anyone else in power here) say that street racers were ignorant ricers?

I haven't made comments against those involved in it. It will NOT be allowed on this site. Period. End of discussion.
Old 03-10-2004, 10:59 AM
hyperlite

if there was no such thing as streetracing, imports would be nothing and this site would be nothing. sorry its the truth
Old 03-10-2004, 11:02 AM
Dave-ROR
RAD owns.

Originally Posted by hyperlite
if there was no such thing as streetracing, imports would be nothing and this site would be nothing. sorry its the truth
To take that further.. there would be no domestics.. and thus, there would be no cars. Yep, makes sense.
Old 03-10-2004, 12:24 PM
Poboy

Originally Posted by wedley2
sigh, the judgements u guys make are kinda full of shit.
"streetracing" is negative in every way, the ppl who street race are stupid and ignorant. uhh...no
Stupid is as stupid does.
you need to be more open minded about things.
Who's not being open minded? If you can convince me that racing on public roads is a smart and good thing to do, I'll change my mind. The fact that I quoted you is proof that I at least read what you wrote.
every street race my friend has participated in, no one has crashed or died.
Well, if no one has, then I guess no one ever will.
i know there is a high chance of crashing
They why do it? If you don't care about you dying think about your family, they probably care. You're safer on the track. Have fun and be safe. I fail to see any problem in that.
Its kinda like bootlegging, the more lawz or strict rules were put, the more illegal activity.
That's true. Since street racing is illegal and reckless, then by street racing you commit two crimes.

Quick Reply: Idiots