Notices

brakes make retarded sounds every now and then :wtf:

Old 11-10-2006, 08:15 AM
TaekOne
pronounced tech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default brakes make retarded sounds every now and then :wtf:

so there have been a few times where ive had to make tight turns w/in parking lots and have heard strange noises when ive had to use my brakes

sounds like a walrus for a quick second or two. its only happened about 3x's in the past month and its always at low speeds and when my wheels are turned, not straight

any ideas??
Old 11-10-2006, 08:56 AM
jaje
HC Racer H5

you may have a rock stuck in there (you have some thin metal plates that squeal to give you notice your brakes are getting low...there's room for a rock to get stuck in there)...we had a noise when it was new (we drove on brand new blacktop and I figure some got into the caliper)
Old 11-10-2006, 09:29 AM
TaekOne
pronounced tech

thanks for the heads up. i'll check it out later. are those plates near/on the caliper themselves?
Old 11-10-2006, 09:36 AM
jaje
HC Racer H5

Originally Posted by TaekOne
thanks for the heads up. i'll check it out later. are those plates near/on the caliper themselves?
the little metal plates are actually attached to the pad assembly inside the caliper

you may want to just pop off the 2 front wheels (if that's where the sound is definitely coming from) and pop the calipers back as if to just simply change pads...remove the pads and check the metal backing (that plate can also be slightly bent upon installation making them drag on the rotor)...also inspect the rotors for something dragging on it (you'll see gouged lines - small ones aren't a big deal)
Old 11-10-2006, 09:48 AM
TaekOne
pronounced tech

thanks, yo. will take a closer look next chance i get :thumbup: