Notices

Radio display and door lock problem

Old 10-30-2006, 07:21 AM
scsptgtsx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio display and door lock problem

2004 TSX, Auto, no nav. The center display for radio and climate control went out yesterday, and the driver door lock stopped working with remote at the same time. Radio still works, just can't see anything in display. Remote still operates other doors, just not driver door lock. I have put in a new battery, and checked fuses for Audio (#5) and door lock (#8)....both appear in good shape. Any ideas? Trying to avoid trip to dealer...but assuming this would be under warranty.
Old 10-30-2006, 07:45 AM
jaje
HC Racer H5

It should be under warranty if you are within the specs. If that is the case then get it there for them to fix it (unless you did something that could have caused the problem).
Old 11-08-2006, 08:19 PM
nisreo
Acura Tech

There is a service bulletin for TSX radio problems like yours. Bring it in to the dealer and theyll take care of it under warranty.

About the door lock, does the lock work from the switch on the door?
Old 04-06-2007, 05:12 AM
bitsypkms

Default door lock problems tsx

2005 TSX automatic I just moved from NJ to Florida after having my 20K check up done at the dealer I purchased the car from and I get to FL and now my door lock on the driver's door does not work with the remote or the inside power lock button. However the power lock button does lock all other doors. Is this a problem with the TSX? It seems identical to the earlier poster. I have arranged to take it to a FL dealer but I have no idea if this will or should be covered by the warranty which I am still under.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:31 PM
TSXroller

Default door lock actuator

I've had a problem of a similar nature. I took my '05 to the dealership, and they explained that the actuator for the driver side door needed to be replaced. It was covered under warranty. Besides that no other (major)probs thus far.
Old 07-19-2007, 07:01 PM
MMazz

Default Radio display and door lock problem

I'm not sure about the door locks but, as far as the display, press and hold the cd/aux button for about 10 seconds. If that doesn't work, then I don't know.
Old 08-12-2007, 10:00 AM
KillerX

Default radio

take your car to the dealer ,there is a T.S.B. on the problem is a simple fix ground circuit goes bad ,the repair is installing a new circuit board .04-021 service bulletin.