Notices

Front Driver's Side Door Lock

Old 12-05-2006, 01:07 PM
junmitech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front Driver's Side Door Lock

My wife and I have a 04 TSX 6sp w/NAVI, BTW I love this thing AWESOME gas mileage, great MOTOR and when done right, Euro-R this bitch out! Sorry about that.

Anyway, we seem to have a problem with the Front Driver's Side Door lock. When I lock the door with the transmitter, the door won't lock which causes the others not to lock as well. When I use the key to lock the door, it's fine.

Have any of you experienced this? Any clues as to what this may be? Something stuck? Thanks!!!
Old 12-06-2006, 10:12 AM
Grifter

is the door completely shut?
otherwise sounds like an electrical issue for acura service if it is still under warranty
Old 12-06-2006, 11:56 AM
junmitech

Originally Posted by Grifter
is the door completely shut?
otherwise sounds like an electrical issue for acura service if it is still under warranty
Yeah it's shut. It'e s really weird. I press the lock button on the transmitter and it'll sound like she locks, but the lock doesn't go down. I need to use my key to lock the car. Same behavior when I hit the lock button inside the car. I hit the switch to lock the car, it'll sound like she locks but doesn't. I have to push down on the lock. Weird.
Old 12-06-2006, 03:08 PM
Grifter

sounds like a auto lock problem
i believe it is covered under warranty
Old 01-15-2007, 02:54 PM
jb4870

Default same problem with drivers door lock - possible answer?

junmitech - I have a 2005 TSX and last week, I noticed that I have the exact same problem, with just my drivers side door lock.

I did a quick google search and found (on another site, I think it was acurazine.com) that it may be a "lock activator." It should be covered by warranty.

I called my dealership and scheduled an appointment for next week. I'll post again afterwards and let you know what I find out.

jb

Last edited by jb4870; 01-15-2007 at 02:57 PM. Reason: (ETA to note the site where I found info)
Old 01-29-2007, 09:37 AM
jb4870

Default Driver's Lock Issue - repaired now

Repair is completed now.

It was actually the lock "actuator" (not "activator" as I previously posted) and it was covered by the warranty.

My service counselor knew exactly what I was talking about when I first scheduled the service appointment, and he said their service department had plenty of those parts on hand, so apparently it happens with Acuras.

Easy fix, quick repair, no cost. Just a hassle in getting a loaner car.

jb
Old 08-12-2007, 10:03 AM
KillerX

Default door locks

you need to take the car to the dealer an have them replace the drivers door lock acuator.comon problem .on the early cars.