Notices
Track & Autocross Talk lap times and race lines.

autox: picking your number

Old 08-14-2006, 01:02 PM
chimchim
WRX cuz Honda won't wagon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default autox: picking your number

Besides getting the random number assigned to you, how do people predetermine their numbers and what happens if numbers conflict?

I'd like to buy some magnetic numbers... do they come as a full set or do you buy individual numbers?

I went to my first autox and got #302. 3-digits apparently prevents overlap with people bringing numbers. Is it just traditional to use 2-digit numbers when you have your own?
Old 08-14-2006, 04:48 PM
CivicSiRacer
Honorary Moderator Alumni

Each region is different. Some assign you numbers others you can pick. Sometimes you can get a season number for the whole year but you have to check with your region.
Old 08-14-2006, 10:34 PM
chimchim
WRX cuz Honda won't wagon

Thanks... hey.. I haven't been around much here lately. Are you still autox'ing and running the 89 si?
Old 08-15-2006, 06:44 AM
CivicSiRacer

Actually had a 91 Civic Si. No I sold that back in February and sold my 00 Civic Si 2 months ago (how I miss her). I now have a 93 Civic Si which I think will be the next "car to have" in STS.
Old 08-15-2006, 04:28 PM
94blueteg
screwed

if your cheap and creative, instead of ordering the magnetic numbers for 30 bucks or whatever they go for nowadays, go to a craft store and buy a magnetic sheet, they usually come in 1x2 foot white blank sheets and cut your own numbers and class letters by hand. that way you can use whatever font you want and make them however big you want them to be. and the magnets are paintable so color is also up to you. these things cost 10 bucks, ive used them twice for numbers on my car, and the magnets are strong enough to keep them on at 100+ mph. (mine didnt come off anyways).

Last edited by 94blueteg; 08-15-2006 at 04:31 PM.
Old 08-15-2006, 06:20 PM
adamkob32

Originally Posted by CivicSiRacer
Actually had a 91 Civic Si. No I sold that back in February and sold my 00 Civic Si 2 months ago (how I miss her). I now have a 93 Civic Si which I think will be the next "car to have" in STS.
Hahah oh I cannot wait to see. When will she be ready anyway?

--Adam
Old 08-15-2006, 08:40 PM
CivicSiRacer

Originally Posted by adamkob32
Hahah oh I cannot wait to see. When will she be ready anyway?

--Adam
Probably not til next year when I get my tax returns and I get more students. Going to put the stock shocks back on soon and buy some stock springs off ebay. It really (I think) needs a new engine and tranny. I found a coolant leak the other day.
Old 08-17-2006, 07:43 AM
Fujiwara Takumi
It's my first day.

Originally Posted by 94blueteg
if your cheap and creative, instead of ordering the magnetic numbers for 30 bucks or whatever they go for nowadays, go to a craft store and buy a magnetic sheet, they usually come in 1x2 foot white blank sheets and cut your own numbers and class letters by hand. that way you can use whatever font you want and make them however big you want them to be. and the magnets are paintable so color is also up to you. these things cost 10 bucks, ive used them twice for numbers on my car, and the magnets are strong enough to keep them on at 100+ mph. (mine didnt come off anyways).
I made some banner with the race team name on it for auto X, and ran them on the van one time when i went to the track at shawano. I had them things forever till I got on the I with the rig, they blew right off. I was pissed. moral - dont invest too much in your magnetic numbers.
Old 08-17-2006, 08:34 AM
DakarM

Originally Posted by chimchim
Besides getting the random number assigned to you, how do people predetermine their numbers and what happens if numbers conflict?

I'd like to buy some magnetic numbers... do they come as a full set or do you buy individual numbers?

I went to my first autox and got #302. 3-digits apparently prevents overlap with people bringing numbers. Is it just traditional to use 2-digit numbers when you have your own?
at SFR it doesn't really matter. just buy 3 different magnetic numbers of your choosing and choose what ever number you want. if someone has the same number as you in the same run group they will ask one of you to change your number.

i have 3,6,9 (6 and 9 are same of course) and have run 369, 36,69, 96, 66, 99, etc. as for buying magnetic numbers.... just buy a huge sheet and cut your own numbers.
LCD Squad #0001
Originally Posted by WiLL
...I really wanna get out and shoot people.