Notices
Track & Autocross Talk lap times and race lines.

Question on Sway setup

Old 06-03-2005, 08:23 PM
crxkid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CivicSiRacer
Well I guess I will not be helping you out anymore. Have fun. You know what to do then. If I remember right you asked this:

We gave you opinions and what to do. But yet you act like an ass. We are trying to show you the right way and don't make the same mistakes we made. No one told you you were wrong. Just do it then go have fun. But don't ask question you already had answers for already and waste our time.
Sorry to be an "ass" but this is the 21st post on this topic about sway bars, and I have yet to get an answer about SWAY BARS. I DO want opinions from people who actually auto-x ABOUT SWAY SETUP. I do value your opinion, and have taken alot of your advise to heart, however I still am going to put sways on my car and just want to know the best way to do it. Somehow, that doesn't seem so difficult to me... here's the three main questions that I'm looking for: 1) Do you have sway bars on YOUR car? Why/Why not? 2) What brand/size of sways do you have and how are they set? (if they are adjustable) 3) Just rear? Just front? Or both? Why? If you want to answer thanks, if not I'll find my answer elsewhere. Thank you so kindly once again for your time.
Old 06-04-2005, 09:35 AM
DakarM

best way to do any sway bar is get adjustable ones and experiment. it's as simple as that. what may work for 1 person may not work for you.
LCD Squad #0001
Originally Posted by WiLL
...I really wanna get out and shoot people.
Old 06-04-2005, 09:54 AM
Ludemandan
Prelude tracktion

Or if you want to stay in stock class (are you in stock?) I've heard of people taking off their front sway bar, but that's kind of ghetto-fabulous. Less understeer but the car is no stiffer.
Old 06-04-2005, 11:26 AM
crxkid

Originally Posted by DakarM
best way to do any sway bar is get adjustable ones and experiment. it's as simple as that. what may work for 1 person may not work for you.
Thank you. Front and rear or just rear?

Originally Posted by Ludemandan
Or if you want to stay in stock class (are you in stock?) I've heard of people taking off their front sway bar, but that's kind of ghetto-fabulous. Less understeer but the car is no stiffer.
Unfortunatly I'm not in the stock class, I built my car from a shell so didn't ever get to take it out in it's stock days. So, I will be getting my ass handed to me until I get used to this car on the track. Thanks again for the help guys.
Old 06-04-2005, 09:07 PM
DakarM

Originally Posted by crxkid
Thank you. Front and rear or just rear?

Unfortunatly I'm not in the stock class, I built my car from a shell so didn't ever get to take it out in it's stock days. So, I will be getting my ass handed to me until I get used to this car on the track. Thanks again for the help guys.

since you're not in stock class I say both.
LCD Squad #0001
Originally Posted by WiLL
...I really wanna get out and shoot people.
Old 06-05-2005, 01:57 AM
crxkid

Originally Posted by DakarM
since you're not in stock class I say both.
Much appriciated. Heard any good things about Suspension Techniques bars? They are the brand that I see the most of in my shopping. Any other suggestions welcome. Thanks agian.

-Cody
Old 06-05-2005, 04:57 AM
ED9man
driver

What are driving schools like?