Notices
Track & Autocross Talk lap times and race lines.

Some more boring videos from Corvette Club autoX yesterday

Old 05-16-2005, 05:34 AM
CivicSiRacer
Honorary Moderator Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some more boring videos from Corvette Club autoX yesterday

(73mb) http://www.mikelouietkd.com/2005-05-15LCCC.wmv

Took FTD both morning and afternoon heats Some cool cars showed up though. Dodge Viper, Volvo S60R, supercharged Mustang... and of course my 100hp/95ft/lb torque monster kicked butt

People asked me where the supercharger or turbo is or if I did a swap to the car, they were all surprised when I told them it was the stock D16 motor

And some pics: http://www.imagestation.com/album/in...?id=2126697821
Old 05-16-2005, 02:57 PM
beier
A Philanthropical Fruit

Did you say 100hp?

First?

Nice!
Old 05-16-2005, 06:30 PM
CivicSiRacer

Originally Posted by beier
Did you say 100hp?

First?

Nice!
That is one thing you will learn about autocrossing. HP isn't everything. Yeah my car is rated at 100-110 GROUND BREAKING HP! But it's also 2100lbs and super short wheelbase. Compared to my 2000 Civic Si my 1991 Civic Si is about 1-2 seconds faster! And my 00 Si has 170hp flywheel.

Even got this guy by about 1 second

Attached Thumbnails Some more boring videos from Corvette Club autoX yesterday-282_8246.jpg  

Last edited by CivicSiRacer; 05-16-2005 at 06:32 PM.
Old 05-17-2005, 04:08 AM
FERIOtuner

good job mike, you scared the hell out of my friend when he rode with you in 5/7 fedex event.
Old 05-17-2005, 06:55 AM
CivicSiRacer

Originally Posted by FERIOtuner
good job mike, you scared the hell out of my friend when he rode with you in 5/7 fedex event.
Did you guys see the video I posted of the FedEx event? You can hear him laughing
Old 05-17-2005, 06:59 AM
mtbprelude
RIGHT Wheel Drive!!!!

I gotta give props to the Corvette Club for creativity working with TIGHT venue. From my EM/tech safety position it looks like a nightmare to design something fun for that lot, especially with the huge power/torque of the Vette's and Vipers.

It reminds me of our old venue, Michael DELL's heliport:
Right click save as Really thats one the only video's I have of it...the MC is Dan Pedroza, and I think this was my 2nd/3rd ever event...

Who was the driver of the Suzuki Swift? Not James Wilson, since I'm pretty sure he's in AZ... was it being prepped for STS or what? R-compounds > Any street tires.
Old 05-17-2005, 09:50 AM
FERIOtuner

Originally Posted by CivicSiRacer
Did you guys see the video I posted of the FedEx event? You can hear him laughing
yeah, i saw the vid. a also heard him scream one time.
Old 05-17-2005, 09:58 AM
CivicSiRacer

Originally Posted by mtbprelude
I gotta give props to the Corvette Club for creativity working with TIGHT venue. From my EM/tech safety position it looks like a nightmare to design something fun for that lot, especially with the huge power/torque of the Vette's and Vipers.

It reminds me of our old venue, Michael DELL's heliport:
Right click save as Really thats one the only video's I have of it...the MC is Dan Pedroza, and I think this was my 2nd/3rd ever event...

Who was the driver of the Suzuki Swift? Not James Wilson, since I'm pretty sure he's in AZ... was it being prepped for STS or what? R-compounds > Any street tires.
Thankfully they do not follow SCCA rules because of how close we get to everything. Each course they design is almost the same with a few quirks in it.

Talking to Jeff (Corvette club president) he says they design courses to keep the Corvettes and high hp cars at bay. So they are tight and lots of section you need to brake = great for my car

The Suzuki Swift is Scott Breneman. Used to own a Firebird and did One Lap and Hill Climbs with it. He sold the Firebird to build a turboed Typhoon The Swift is his everyday ride and he had VictorRacers on it