Notices
Track & Autocross Talk lap times and race lines.

goodbye H-stock?

Old 08-12-2002, 11:50 AM
1stGenCRXer
GWAKS- Tech Geekifier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whuups, forgot to answer the first Q
Originally posted by white_n_slow
Q: If i were running a full suspension setup, and little/no power enhancement would I be better off in an ST class or a comp. tire class?
ST would probably be the better place to start, because once you start on comp tires, everything else feels so unbearably slow that you can't bring yourself to buy lesser tyres... [or am I just that obsessed? ], which is why I haven't bought any stickies for my car quite yet.
Old 08-12-2002, 11:56 AM
white_n_slow
it's my D in a B

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks, I get it now.

But the reason I ask (about st/comp) is that I allready have comp tires tha I use for H-stock. So I wouldn't be buying anything in that department. Even still, start out with ST, move up to comps later?
Old 08-12-2002, 12:28 PM
1stGenCRXer
GWAKS- Tech Geekifier

If you have the tires, I'd use 'em.
Old 08-13-2002, 03:02 AM
CivicSiRacer
Honorary Moderator Alumni

I know everyone thinks they are a great driver, and in most cases they are not. I know I'm not. But when I'm driving I'm looking at everything not just the cars in front of me. Maybe it's all the schools I've been to this year with instructors telling me to look through the cars infront. Look ahead here, look ahead there

Originally posted by white_n_slow
I know. I usually try to have 2 seconds between me and the car ahead, but this was some jerkoff turning out in front of me from behind some parked cars so I couldn't see him (he wasn't even looking from what I could tell).

If I decide to go ahead with the brakes, I'll probably go all out with the suspension, since I'll be bumped anyway. I'm thinking of ground controls, already have konis, sway bars, bushings and all that. That would leave me with a pretty slow car in a fast class tho. eventually I'd try and get some power too.

See the thing thats nagging me is if I do anything I'll want to do everything. Should I go down the road that eventually leads to prepared?
Old 08-13-2002, 02:55 PM
white_n_slow
it's my D in a B

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

civicsiracer, do you reccomend going to a school, I heard it does wonders. Unfortunately, there arent any in my area , but if i get some good reccomendations, and have the money (which I probly wont anyway) I could make a road-trip out of it.
Old 08-14-2002, 03:23 AM
CivicSiRacer
Honorary Moderator Alumni

The autocross season is winding down so you will prolly not find any autocross schools this year.

http://www.autocross.com/evolution is the place to go for the Evolution Schools. Also your local chapter should have Novice/Autocross Schools like we do. We actually had two this year due to the overwhelming response to have a 2nd one I taught at both of them