Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

> > > Frustrated... < < <

Old 09-16-2003, 05:36 PM
stephan
:exnbp:

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default > > > Frustrated... < < <

It's not just in AZ but in WA I can't seem to have luck finding a job. I sit on my ass all day play on the computer then I go and drop applications off at places. No one seems to want to hire me or even calls me back. SHould I call back? Anyone have tips on how to get hired? I've never really applied out and asked for a job before so I don't have experience talking myself into getting a job :| This is making me angry:madfawk:
Old 09-16-2003, 05:40 PM
SUPER LAUBO
KiMBO's Hubby

bug the living shat out of the employers... post up your resume..we could all have a career building session.
Old 09-16-2003, 05:42 PM
DakarM

Always follow up with a call to the Manager. Always.

or HR in some cases.
LCD Squad #0001
Originally Posted by WiLL
...I really wanna get out and shoot people.
Old 09-16-2003, 05:42 PM
96JdmAccord
Im So JDM

Bro's been having a hard time also. I recomend you put on a nice outfit, maybe a suit, walk into JCPenny's and go straight the person who would be the person to hire you. No joke. Act very serious like you want the job.
Old 09-16-2003, 05:45 PM
AP2
Moderator Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Always call back man. It's practically required if you really want that job.
Old 09-16-2003, 05:46 PM
stephan
:exnbp:

Originally posted by DC2
Always call back man. It's practically required if you really want that job.
Can you guys give me an example of how to call back? I have a hard problem talking professional to higher ranks or employers
Old 09-16-2003, 05:46 PM
SUPER LAUBO
KiMBO's Hubby

Originally posted by 96JdmAccord
Bro's been having a hard time also. I recomend you put on a nice outfit, maybe a suit, walk into JCPenny's and go straight the person who would be the person to hire you. No joke. Act very serious like you want the job.

:eh: correct me if i'm wrong, but i thought he was trying to find a more techical job???
Old 09-16-2003, 05:47 PM
96JdmAccord
Im So JDM

Originally posted by SUPER LAUBO
:eh: correct me if i'm wrong, but i thought he was trying to find a more techical job???
oh, im not sure. I thought he was just desprete and I know if you walk into shopping malls like that, you will have a better chance of talking to the person that will hire and maybe recieve a job quicker.
Old 09-16-2003, 05:49 PM
AP2
Moderator Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by :exnbp:
Can you guys give me an example of how to call back? I have a hard problem talking professional to higher ranks or employers
Call back and ask for the manager. If he's not there don't settle for anyone else, ask when the's next time he's coming in. Leave a message saying you're following up on your application/resume and would like to speak with him immediately. When you do talk to the manager speak confident and determined how much you want this job. Ask if they're reviewed the app and were interested.
Old 09-16-2003, 05:51 PM
DB8

Originally posted by :exnbp:
If you're not confident on the phone, you can always send a thank you note, or email. Thank them for their time and reiterate how much you want the job and how you're the right person for it.