Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

What to do.

Old 09-04-2003, 04:45 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

MORPHEUS 6:

It's bad because it places unnecessary wear on a lot of parts... Clutch friction plate, throwout bearing, not to mention the synchromesh mechanisms within the transmission.

It's pointless to use compression braking for every single stop in normal driving.

Think about the replacement cost of all those parts I listed above, versus the time and money it takes to replace your brake pads. It's a no-brainer. :squint:

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 09-04-2003, 04:46 PM
axemansean

Originally posted by NorCal DC4
It's bad because it places unnecessary wear on a lot of parts... Clutch friction plate, throwout bearing, not to mention the synchromesh mechanisms within the transmission.

It's pointless to use compression braking for every single stop in normal driving.

Think about the replacement cost of all those parts I listed above, versus the time and money it takes to replace your brake pads. It's a no-brainer. :squint:
:werd:

I seriously think you should have to take a new driving test in order to drive a stick.
Old 09-04-2003, 04:48 PM
Morpheus 6
Banned

I think I understand.
Is there anyting else that is bad?
Such as hitting 2nd from 4th? Does it matter if I match the revs first aside from making it a smoother transition?
Old 09-04-2003, 04:49 PM
Fujiwara Takumi
It's my first day.

if you rev match there is no reason you shouldn't shift into 1st at sub 20mph speeds. all you are damaging by not rev matching is the syncros anyways.
Old 09-04-2003, 04:49 PM
axemansean

Originally posted by Morpheus 6
I think I understand.
Is there anyting else that is bad?
Such as hitting 2nd from 4th? Does it matter if I match the revs first?
You shouldn't...
Old 09-04-2003, 04:51 PM
axemansean

Originally posted by Fujiwara Takumi
if you rev match there is no reason you shouldn't shift into 1st at sub 20mph speeds. all you are damaging by not rev matching is the syncros anyways.
Sure and that costs a good bit of money to replace.
Old 09-04-2003, 04:51 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Originally posted by axemansean

It pains me when I see idiots with their fancy cars. Guy I know revs his car before he shuts it down. All that unspent fuel in the fuel lines. :wtc: People never getting their cars washed or serviced. There are people who drive around with dead bugs all over their back window inside their car. Some people I know have never changed their oil or done any regular maintenance, when the car acts up they just blame the car and buy a brand new one.
At least here in Marin, those who can afford the high-end imports and exotics take fantastic care of them. One of my neighbors has a beautiful 1968 Corvettte Stingray Convertible in Metallic Light Blue. :drool: He doesn't baby it, he doesn't abuse it. It gets regular exercise at least 5 days a week.
:bigok:
It's wonderful to see people who appreciate the spirit of motoring, and really love to drive for the sake of driving.

Its all the goddamned soccer-mom SUVs that screw us over. :upset:

:happysad:

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 09-04-2003, 04:53 PM
Morpheus 6
Banned

At least here in Marin, those who can afford the high-end imports and exotics take fantastic care of them. One of my neighbors has a beautiful 1968 Corvettte Stingray Convertible in Metallic Light Blue. :drool: He doesn't baby it, he doesn't abuse it. It gets regular exercise at least 5 days a week. :bigok: It's wonderful to see people who appreciate the spirit of motoring, and really love to drive for the sake of driving.

amen
Old 09-04-2003, 04:54 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Originally posted by axemansean

I seriously think you should have to take a new driving test in order to drive a stick.
Don't get me started on this country's driver licensing procedures... :rant:

Old 09-04-2003, 04:54 PM
Fujiwara Takumi
It's my first day.

At least here in Marin, those who can afford the high-end imports and exotics take fantastic care of them. One of my neighbors has a beautiful 1968 Corvettte Stingray Convertible in Metallic Light Blue. :drool: He doesn't baby it, he doesn't abuse it. It gets regular exercise at least 5 days a week. :bigok: It's wonderful to see people who appreciate the spirit of motoring, and really love to drive for the sake of driving.

and those "fags" in miatas that dont know what driving is all abotu