Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Anybody work at Sam's Club??

Old 07-10-2003, 12:52 AM
aux
More Black on Black Crime

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

offtopic: im trying to get someone to get me into costco so i can pickup this stanley 50 somethin piece socket set for 9 bux.
Old 07-10-2003, 04:31 AM
brak
37 ?!

i used to work at sam's club, i was only allowed to be a parking lot attendant (collect carts) since i was only 16 at the time.

i broke my arm while working there, and they refused workman's comp. cause it was my fault i broke it. they yelled at me before even asking if i was ok.

the orientation from what i remember took like 2-4 hours, and was just watching videos the whole time.
Old 07-10-2003, 07:23 AM
(98)2DrAV6
Jigga wut?

I use to work there pushing carts.. It was a good paying job for just pushing carts, but there were so many of the damn things. I never heard of costco before. Everything around here is dominated by wallmart and sams.
Old 07-10-2003, 08:09 AM
clickwir
Floppy Death! noES!!!

Originally posted by brtecson
sorry, but thats :bs:. Thats what they want you to think, and thats the :bs: that they feed you in orientation. The products are the same price as club mega in pick 'n'save [dunno if they have that at your state] and the electronics over there are more expensive than best buy, and you dont need any membership for either of those stores.

Also, check sales records in the store if you can. My friend got his hands on a copy of a monthly sales report [dont ask how] and the retail markup is way higher than the 5-8% the they would claim.
not really. I used to work in claims, it's where the stuff goes after someone returns it. We would have to decide if it was in good enough condition to be resold at a discount or if we should return it as a defective product. etc etc.. I would actually see on a dialy basis exactly what we paid for it, the % markup and what we sold it for.

Yes, there are some items that were 15% markup.... but most were less than 5% and there were a ton that were even negavite. I'm not telling you what I was told in training... infact I was never told that in training.

Who cares... driving the forklift was tons of fun! :thumbup: