Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Lebron James

Old 06-27-2003, 02:51 PM
fastball
A little chin music

Location: Cleveland, Ohio - Rock 'n Roll capitol of the World
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lebron James

I don't know how many hoop fans we have here, but to be honest I'm not one. I hate the new street ball style of play the NBA has, and look at my old Cavs of Mark Price, Brad Daugherty, Craig Ehlo, Steve Kerr, Larry Nance, and John "Hot Rod" Williams as the last of the days when basketball was an art form more than just a street game. But I must say I'm getting in to Lebron James a little bit now. Mabe because we haven't seen this much hype over our Cavaliers since they routed Larry Bird and the Celtics in game 7 of the 1992 Easter Conference semi-finals. But I wonder what the rest of the country thinks about him. So anyone is welcome to share their opinions here. I'm very curious as to whether the hype is just in Cleveland or if this guy is perceived as the real deal in the rest of the country.
Old 06-27-2003, 02:52 PM
Chevere
Banned

Old 06-27-2003, 02:54 PM
fastball
A little chin music

Cute.
Old 06-27-2003, 02:55 PM
dubcac
I

Explain to me how the NBA is like streetball....because they are two completely different things.

And FYI, street basketball is an artform...check out an AND1 Mixtape.
Old 06-27-2003, 03:18 PM
Of17
Banned

Im puertorican so dont take this bad people

Is there any MIXED sports anymore?.... basketball... is more black then mix... football same thing...boxing...im not going to go there...golf..but who the **** likes golf...hockey...yea white... but its a ok sport we all like to just see them fight....

So what eles?...

Street ball and bball... both the same...to me...that new show on MTV on sundays... one of the street ballas was going to the NBA but broke some thing.. Iverson is a street baller ...
Old 06-27-2003, 05:13 PM
fastball
A little chin music

Alrighty then. I seem to have opened a heated debate, which I didn't want to do. I guess I'm tired of the thug, gangster, and asshole attitude most of the younger NBA players have. Lebron seems to be different, and I hope he holds true over time. He seems to be a throwback to the days when players listened to their coaches, played more to win than for the money, and embrace the city they play for. You don't hear James talk about himself...... he's always talking about improving his team, getting more wins, and making his teamates better. That's the way I was raised when I played in high school, and if he can inspire the NBA to return to that attitude, I think you'd see higher ratings for the games (just so you know, the National Dog Competition on Animal Planet network beat the NBA playoffs in ratings) and more of the small cities (like Cleveland) interrested again.
Old 06-27-2003, 05:21 PM
e3NiNe
#CustomUserTitle

poor cavs ...

Old 06-27-2003, 05:52 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Originally posted by Chevere
:lmfao:

Originally posted by dubster99
Explain to me how the NBA is like streetball....because they are two completely different things.

And FYI, street basketball is an artform...check out an AND1 Mixtape.
to him, streetball=flashy

that being said im sure you can figure out how they are alike. The And1 mixtapes are off the hook, it's amazing what those guys can do.

Originally posted by Of17
Im puertorican so dont take this bad people

Is there any MIXED sports anymore?.... basketball... is more black then mix... football same thing...boxing...im not going to go there...golf..but who the **** likes golf...hockey...yea white... but its a ok sport we all like to just see them fight....

So what eles?...

Street ball and bball... both the same...to me...that new show on MTV on sundays... one of the street ballas was going to the NBA but broke some thing.. Iverson is a street baller ...
what, you want affirmative action in sports too? It's nobody's fault that mostly blacks are in most sports, they are just more athletic and apply themselves to something they love, don't hate. And that show on MTV sundays is :ghey: Those guys are not the cream of the crop when it comes to streetballers, for that, you'd have to check out the And1 mixtape cats. That show is too much like a damn game show, im not feeling it at all. And don't single out Iverson as being a street baller, Jason Williams, Marbury, the list can go on and on. Iverson may be a stretballer style, but why would that suprise you, that's where 99% of the people in the NBA etched out the skills they have today. The only time I have a problem w/streetball stuff in the NBA is when it hurts the team, other than that, go for it, makes for a more exciting game.

Originally posted by fastball
Alrighty then. I seem to have opened a heated debate, which I didn't want to do. I guess I'm tired of the thug, gangster, and asshole attitude most of the younger NBA players have. Lebron seems to be different, and I hope he holds true over time. He seems to be a throwback to the days when players listened to their coaches, played more to win than for the money, and embrace the city they play for. You don't hear James talk about himself...... he's always talking about improving his team, getting more wins, and making his teamates better. That's the way I was raised when I played in high school, and if he can inspire the NBA to return to that attitude, I think you'd see higher ratings for the games (just so you know, the National Dog Competition on Animal Planet network beat the NBA playoffs in ratings) and more of the small cities (like Cleveland) interrested again.
I don't know enough about this dude to have an opinion on him. But I hope he's not coming into the league w/the same cockiness that Kobe came in with cause he's in for a rude awakening just like Kobe. Kobe was riding high on his "the next mike" hype when he came into the league, and he finally came to a point when he realized that the hype wasn't getting it done on the court and he had a lull, then came back w/a vengance. We'll see how James does, I hope he does good, hasn't been this much hype about the draft since Iverson came into the league in 96-97.

Originally posted by Eklypse39
poor cavs ...

I still have that issue of SI That's when "Air" Jordan arrived.
Old 06-27-2003, 06:02 PM
Chevere
Banned

Originally posted by VRGNCD5
:lmfao:
:chuckles: i made that
Old 06-27-2003, 06:28 PM
AcCoRd97Lx
Jordan ModaratOr

lmao