Honda-Acura.net

Honda-Acura.net (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/index.php)
-   The Basement (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/the-basement-2/)
-   -   Lebron James (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/the-basement/79602-lebron-james.html)

fastball 06-28-2003 12:54 PM

Lets try to keep this thread related to what you think about LeBron. I don't want to go off on a tangent.

Tirod 06-28-2003 12:57 PM

Originally posted by fastball
Lets try to keep this thread related to what you think about LeBron. I don't want to go off on a tangent.
i dunno.. he's good and all.. i mean he's awesome.. but we'll see how well he can bring it against some actual, better, bigger, older professionals...

fastball 06-28-2003 01:07 PM

Yeah, that's what I'm a little worried about. You know the older players in the league are going to want to go right after him. He has scrimaged against a few NBA players, though (including Michael Jordan).... he did 2 years ago when he was a junior and impressed the players then.

DukeAbercrombie 06-28-2003 01:32 PM

you idiots dont know anything about basketball do you

90% of the and1 stuff you cant even do in nba

the best streetballer skip to my lou is a 2nd string who got traded for 5'4 earl boykins

dubcac 06-28-2003 01:56 PM

Originally posted by DukeAbercrombie
you idiots dont know anything about basketball do you

90% of the and1 stuff you cant even do in nba

the best streetballer skip to my lou is a 2nd string who got traded for 5'4 earl boykins

Thank you captain obvious.

As for Lebron, the dude is just sick tight. However, he's gonna be playing against a completely different caliber player than he's used to, and it's gonna take a while to adjust. It also can't be a one man team, he's gotta have a somewhat decent supporting cast....but he's a great player to build a team around. I think he'd be good at the #2 or #3 position...too small for center/power forward, and not experienced enough for point guard. Thankfully he's been working on his jumpshot a lot, and it's significantly improved. He definitely has the explosiveness to blow past people, and just straight jump over them...gonna be fun to watch for sure.

FDragger 06-28-2003 02:56 PM

lebron is a very good player but I fear that people will not give him the respect he deserves because of his age. hopefully he will get some help from his teammates and actually take the cavs into the playoffs.

otherwise he will be like vince carter...mad talent but no success.

sinthetiq 06-28-2003 02:59 PM

Originally posted by Of17
Im puertorican so dont take this bad people

Is there any MIXED sports anymore?.... basketball... is more black then mix... football same thing...boxing...im not going to go there...golf..but who the **** likes golf...hockey...yea white... but its a ok sport we all like to just see them fight....

So what eles?...

Street ball and bball... both the same...to me...that new show on MTV on sundays... one of the street ballas was going to the NBA but broke some thing.. Iverson is a street baller ...

there are a ton of puerto rican baseball players.