Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

my rant for the day

Old 05-18-2003, 08:35 PM
RB
snitches get stitches

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default my rant for the day

so I go home for the weekend, and I see there is a brand new TSX parked outside my girlfriend's neighbors house. I mean, this thing was NICE.

Come to find out, the parents bought it for thier 17 year old kid, a senior in high school. Even worse, its not like he didn't have a car before. Before the TSX, he drove a mid 90's Nissan Pathfinder. And on top of that, he doesn't know how to drive a stick, and guess what the TSX was...a 5 spd.

Why is it that parents do that?!?! It makes me so mad.
Old 05-18-2003, 08:37 PM
dom93hatch
more meat, more fire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's a lot better than my then-16 y/o friend that got an S2000 for his first car.
Old 05-18-2003, 08:39 PM
White[Pony]
For relaxing times...

Default Re: my rant for the day

Originally posted by RB
so I go home for the weekend, and I see there is a brand new TSX parked outside my girlfriend's neighbors house. I mean, this thing was NICE.

Come to find out, the parents bought it for thier 17 year old kid, a senior in high school. Even worse, its not like he didn't have a car before. Before the TSX, he drove a mid 90's Nissan Pathfinder. And on top of that, he doesn't know how to drive a stick, and guess what the TSX was...a 5 spd.

Why is it that parents do that?!?! It makes me so mad.
My co-workers, two of them have rich parents who also bought their children nice cars for their first cars...

One just got a brand new WRX, and the guy still barely can drive a stick...

The other... the NA Supra and he learned stick on that as well. He later paid to replace the clutch.

I learned on my cheap ass Civic. still runs fine

On a side note... my neighbors also just bought a new TSX. Very the sexy :drools:
Old 05-19-2003, 12:18 AM
WideBodyEK
Stage 3 Modified

my friend's parents asked him what car he wanted for his first car,...he told them a S2K,...next day they went out and got him a black one,...that bastard didnt even know how to drive stick,...the damn S2K sat in front of his house for 2 weeks because he was waiting for me to get home from vacation to teach him how to drive it,...damn those spoiled kids,...but the good thing is im the only one he trust to drive the car and he lets me drive it pretty much whenever i want to :naughty:
Old 05-19-2003, 12:23 AM
The Beav
i

i had to drive a truck for two years (hating every bit of it) to get the money for my civic, there is helping a kid and their is outright spoiling them and the world not being far
Old 05-19-2003, 12:26 AM
flipped cracka
BOOM goes the dynamite!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my grandparents bought me my car. h:
Old 05-19-2003, 01:38 AM
LocaL raCer
R.I.P. Kato-san

i'm gonna buy my kid thier first car too... whats the big deal? i mean if my kids wanna mod, they can do it on their own, but i see nothing wrong with it. it only bothers me when the kids brag, if you have raised your kids right, they wouldn't be like that anyway. [/ramble] h:
Old 05-19-2003, 01:50 AM
s2ktonv

/\:werd:
Old 05-19-2003, 03:23 AM
Dekz
Driver of "The Coug"

u know what really pisses me off. When other people see my car and they're like "oh you're so lucky", or something like "ohhh daddy bought you a car" blah fuken blah. I inherited money when my fuken dad died of lung cancer. So all those people can just go to hell. Don't fuken judge people if you don't know the whole story.

You think I wouldn't trade my cougar to get my dad back? But I can't, so i'm sooooo sorry I didn't have to save up for it.

(not directed at anybody here, just people in general :madfawk: )
Old 05-19-2003, 03:50 AM
03accordcoupe
^New car...2003 BMW 330ci

I'd complain....but I'm not really in a position to...I'm one of those spoiled kids(my first car is my 03 accord)...my friend just got a brand new WRX, and get this...one of my other friends FLIPPED HIS CAR totally his fault and his parents bought him a new car as soon as he got his license back.