Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

99 civic si..

Old 04-28-2003, 09:22 PM
sivicdx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 civic si..

CLEAN TITLE BTW
this guy has a 99 si for sale on the part trader it has 30k miles and he is located in nj.. 1hour and 20 mins away from me .. anyway he said he has title i asked for the vin he said no to me and said he will show me the title i told him i wanted to run the vin and he stoped talking to me.. i dunno if it wuz a scam anyways if anyone wants a cheap si its worth a try.. the add says 9,000 he told me 8,000 which is really cheap for a 99 si with 30k miles.. the only problem is has a crack in front bumper holes from the wing and i think dats it.. anyways heres a link if anyone wants to look into it
http://www.autotrader.com/findacar/v...lor=&cardist=0

he also has it on part trader

http://thepartstrader.com/SingleAd.c...m=389331&DCID=
Old 04-28-2003, 09:23 PM
Snoopy
been there done that

i'd be cautious if he wont give the vin #
Old 04-28-2003, 09:27 PM
NOPD
Come in My Hole

tell him u want to go look at the car and give him one of this :slap:
Old 04-28-2003, 09:35 PM
Tirod

i feel like calling and waking his ass up :chuckles:
Old 04-28-2003, 09:48 PM
DelSolSIinMD
Le Grand Illusion

Originally posted by Tirod˛slc
i feel like calling and waking his ass up :chuckles:
lol - this has great potential.. :naughty:

Side note: I would be HIGHLY suspicious if the guy won't give up the VIN. Maybe it's a fake title the guy has, and the VIN would reveal it's really salvaged, or been owned by 18 people, etc. etc. etc.

There was a story passing around my town when I was in high school of a guy who bought what was supposed to be one of the very first Saleen Mustangs, only to find out via the VIN (his insurance told him) that it was a normal V6 Mustang, which apparently had Saleen body parts. The guy apparently couldn't tell the difference between what a V6 looks like and a V8, or maybe he didn't even look at the engine...

I can't think of a single legitimate reason the guy wouldn't provide such a simple and important piece of information.
Old 04-28-2003, 09:51 PM
asiandiEW
diEw!

Originally posted by DelSolSIinMD
There was a story passing around my town when I was in high school of a guy who bought what was supposed to be one of the very first Saleen Mustangs, only to find out via the VIN (his insurance told him) that it was a normal V6 Mustang, which apparently had Saleen body parts. The guy apparently couldn't tell the difference between what a V6 looks like a V8, or maybe he didn't even look at the engine...
that guy is a t00l :slap:
Old 04-28-2003, 09:51 PM
White[Pony]
For relaxing times...

maybe he's not too big on proper car selling eticate (sp?)

I bet the guy just doesn't know that VINs are important factors in selling a car...
Old 04-28-2003, 10:12 PM
DelSolSIinMD
Le Grand Illusion

Originally posted by asiandiEW
that guy is a t00l :slap:
That's not the only story like that I know... in my town, there are TONS of muscle car restorationists, mulletheads in WS6 Trans Ams, SS Camaros, etc. etc. etc.
And, unfortunately, TONS of ricers. Interestingly, they rarely drive imports. It's mostly Cavaliers, Cougars, Contours, Focus', etc. etc.

But roughly twice a year we have these big auto shows at either the local ice cream place (Jimmie Cones) or the local fried chicken family-owned joint (Red Rooster)... and we get these huge turnouts to see Charger R/Ts with Hemis or 440 Magnums... Challenger Hemis... a Shelby GT500 or two... a Boss Mustang or two... an original '69 Camaro SS with the white/orange paint... the usual muscle car heaven. There are also a few "outcasts" like an incredible souped up VW Beetle which supposedly runs 10s (has the track slips, anyway), a bunch of incredible custom-made hot rods, and a beautiful old Lotus in completely stock condition.

But anyway, one year there was a guy with a Plymouth Road Runner... and one of the judges discovered the body was a replica - the guy had been conned by an out-of-state seller (or so they said), and was totally pissed off and disgraced in the eyes of his fellow hobbyists. It took him four beers to calm down...

Another time, they wouldn't let a man with a Dodge Demon show his car because he didn't have the title for it, and they thought it might not be his... etc. etc. etc. All sorts of domestic drama where I live.

That Lotus, though.... I think it was a 1965 Elan... what a beautiful car!