Thread: 99 civic si..
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2003, 10:12 PM
DelSolSIinMD
Le Grand Illusion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by asiandiEW
that guy is a t00l :slap:
That's not the only story like that I know... in my town, there are TONS of muscle car restorationists, mulletheads in WS6 Trans Ams, SS Camaros, etc. etc. etc.
And, unfortunately, TONS of ricers. Interestingly, they rarely drive imports. It's mostly Cavaliers, Cougars, Contours, Focus', etc. etc.

But roughly twice a year we have these big auto shows at either the local ice cream place (Jimmie Cones) or the local fried chicken family-owned joint (Red Rooster)... and we get these huge turnouts to see Charger R/Ts with Hemis or 440 Magnums... Challenger Hemis... a Shelby GT500 or two... a Boss Mustang or two... an original '69 Camaro SS with the white/orange paint... the usual muscle car heaven. There are also a few "outcasts" like an incredible souped up VW Beetle which supposedly runs 10s (has the track slips, anyway), a bunch of incredible custom-made hot rods, and a beautiful old Lotus in completely stock condition.

But anyway, one year there was a guy with a Plymouth Road Runner... and one of the judges discovered the body was a replica - the guy had been conned by an out-of-state seller (or so they said), and was totally pissed off and disgraced in the eyes of his fellow hobbyists. It took him four beers to calm down...

Another time, they wouldn't let a man with a Dodge Demon show his car because he didn't have the title for it, and they thought it might not be his... etc. etc. etc. All sorts of domestic drama where I live.

That Lotus, though.... I think it was a 1965 Elan... what a beautiful car!