Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Getting my fat ass on a diet...got cardio suggestions?

Old 04-28-2003, 01:04 AM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting my fat ass on a diet...got cardio suggestions?

Okay so I need to slim down. I do a lot of lifting but no cardio and eat like shit all the time. I don't want to cook at all, and I want to minimize the carbs I take in. I want to come up with a list of relatively non-processed foods that I can buy a bunch of and just munch on without cooking. Preferably without dirtying any dishes. Finger food. I will not eat yogurt, that shit is nasty.

Sliced roast turkey (not smoked)
Sliced roast beef
Sliced roast chicken
Carrot sticks
Celery sticks
Cherry tomatoes
Mushrooms
Apples
Grapes
Bananas
Oranges
All other kindsa fruit...
Assorted cheese

Any other ideas? Any supplements I might want to take? Right now I just take a pretty standard multivitamin, aside from the bread and other grain-derived shit (pasta etc) I don't see too much missing. But still.

For cardio I was just gonna run a bunch. I was thinking about swimming but I really work the shit out of my arms with the weights so...yeah.
Old 04-28-2003, 01:34 AM
mrdx

First of all, find a target weight that you want to get to that is realistic to you. Second, look into calorie counting, because you won't have to kill all of the foods you like, just the portions. Third, walking and bike riding.. concentrate on 45min a day of cardio.
Old 04-28-2003, 01:40 AM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

I tried calorie counting, I don't have enough restraint. Most things with me are an all-or-nothing affair. If I cook something I eat all of it. :doh:
Old 04-28-2003, 02:09 AM
aux
More Black on Black Crime

i run for 40 mins every day. been doing it for a month now. ive lost 10 pounds. i still pigout during the day but night time meals are a no no.
Old 04-28-2003, 02:11 AM
mrdx

I used to be the same, but it took me a year to keep 35lbs off. I know it sucks but you have to learn how to control yourself. Purchase a low calorie and low carb cook book, and experiment.
Old 04-28-2003, 03:10 AM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

I'm horrible at pacing myself with the running so I'm gonna go to the gym (there's like 3 whole health clubs that are free to students here on campus) and rock the treadmill. I've been telling myself I need to do this crap for months, and now I should go to sleep.
Old 04-28-2003, 03:12 AM
aux
More Black on Black Crime

yea i use the treadmill and this stair master thing . i too will go to sleep. i got work in 3 hours!
Old 04-28-2003, 03:37 AM
elbee

Easy. Just become a vegitarian. Then you know what you can and can't eat.

I became one for 3 months and lost 35 lbs. The weight just fell off me.

Highlights of this "low cholesterol" diet were that there was no calorie cap--just eat moderate sized meals.

no noodles of any kind

margerine can be used freely

it's the famous Dr. Bergman diet, upper west side, Manhattan.

If you must eat meat, remember that white meat is just as bad as red in most cases and even worse at times(like when breaded and fried). Chicken and turkey lovers have high cholesterol just like the steak and roast beef crowd.
Old 04-28-2003, 04:16 AM
clickwir
Floppy Death! noES!!!

Originally posted by elbee
If you must eat meat, remember that white meat is just as bad as red in most cases and even worse at times(like when breaded and fried). Chicken and turkey lovers have high cholesterol just like the steak and roast beef crowd.
damn, makin me hungry :yumyum:
Old 04-28-2003, 08:05 AM
AcuraFanatic

Cardio suggestions? Stop spending four hours a day posting on Honda-Acura.Net. h: