Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Duluth, Georgia

Old 05-24-2010, 06:13 AM
CRAIGHIMSELF
Be good

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Duluth, Georgia

Soooooo, other than what Google can tell me, who here knows about this city and can provide pro's and con's for living there. I would need to know by Wednesday of this week if I truly want to live there.

My buddy who came from down from Sacramento to suprise me at my grad party has offered me his job (he would actually hire me). It travels a SHITLOAD, both nationally and internationally, so that comes into the equation on the move seeing how I wouldnt be at home half of the month.

Is it ghetto? Humid hot? Boring? Crime laden? Expensive? Cheap?

Thanks for the input my fellow friends.
Old 05-24-2010, 06:18 AM
shirley
CBOTY 2010

hot? hell yes

its like in between ATL and gainesville

could you live that far from the ocean? it's far enough outside atlanta i would guess it's not very ghetto but it's going to be a huge change from what you used to. that much i'd be willing to bet. much less of an urban atmosphere
Old 05-24-2010, 06:23 AM
Nightshade
un-Touch'd krew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lakes don't have very good surf Craig :chuckles:

Hot and humid and definitely going to be different than SD, but it's not terrible either especially since you will be gone as often as you will be there.
Old 05-24-2010, 06:24 AM
NOPD
Come in My Hole

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duluth,_Georgia

According to Forbes magazine, Duluth ranks 26th in the nation in America's Best Places to Move.[3] It was also named the Best Affordable Suburb in Georgia by BusinessWeek magazine.[4]
it's wikipedia, take it for what its worth.
Old 05-24-2010, 06:27 AM
LT
The deer had to die!

Craig would not enjoy Georgia. Period.
Old 05-24-2010, 06:34 AM
CRAIGHIMSELF
Be good

See, this is why Im asking. Goddamnit. So its hot, humid and slow paced? But as brought up, Im not due to be there for half the month so Im trying to weigh it out. More money (plus lower cost of living overall), increased job title and experience, SUPER travel...sacrifices man.

And the thing is that I'd interview here in California and basically would make a trip out there to familiarize myself with the area ONCE before I took it. Kinda crazy how this is coming together so we'll see verrrrry soon how this going to work out.
Old 05-24-2010, 06:49 AM
Nightshade
un-Touch'd krew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CRAIGHIMSELF
See, this is why Im asking. Goddamnit. So its hot, humid and slow paced? But as brought up, Im not due to be there for half the month so Im trying to weigh it out. More money (plus lower cost of living overall), increased job title and experience, SUPER travel...sacrifices man.

And the thing is that I'd interview here in California and basically would make a trip out there to familiarize myself with the area ONCE before I took it. Kinda crazy how this is coming together so we'll see verrrrry soon how this going to work out.
To be honest though Craig you would be a fool not to take it and try it for at least a year.

My opinion is that everyone should move away from their hometown and state for no less than 3 years then decide if they really want to move back to it. There is a lot more out there (I am sure you know this) and more opportunity to do better outside of your home state (especially CA, NY and NJ) that you may never see otherwise.

Give it a shot, at the worst you come home for a vacation and find that although you still love your hometown that you have grown past it and like where you are at.
Old 05-24-2010, 06:58 AM
Draconius
BAZINGA!

Damn man. Quite the decision to make. I would say do what you want to do. I agree on maybe getting out. After leaving NY, it has now been 5 years to the day and I don't forsee myself ever moving back there. Like Nightshade said, you never know what you will be missing out on if you don't take it.
Old 05-24-2010, 07:02 AM
LT
The deer had to die!

Originally Posted by Nightshade
and more opportunity to do better outside of your home state (especially CA, NY and NJ)
Add PA to that list...seems like a lot of people I know get stuck there for life.

While NJ is equivalent to Afghanistan...a lot of big businesses are here in many different fields. But like I said...Afghanistan.
Old 05-24-2010, 07:33 AM
hitman619
SDSU Basketball

Southern girls are fawking hot
They're also :crazyr:

Here's the lowdown on living in the south:
Cost of living is cheap
Great food(depends on where you live)
The women are hot and easy( but are more marriage minded)
If you love the outdoors hunting fishing ect.. this is the place for you

Now Here's the real:
No place to Go(get use to bon fires and house party's)
No Beach
Hot and humid
Blatant Racism(y'all in the south know exactly what im talking about)

Imo the south is not bad
It's easy living
I say go for it craig
It's better than Home Depot

Last edited by hitman619; 05-24-2010 at 07:34 AM.