Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Apple's iPad

Old 01-27-2010, 11:53 AM
shirley
CBOTY 2010

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete
Although the OS is the same, the processor is more powerful and it has greater memory in general so it will function more seamlessly and more like a laptop than the phone does.

Did you watch the meeting? You will be able to use iWork on the iPad which includes Pages, Keynote and Numbers.
no built in stylus = fail for a tablet imo

no flash

and just like the iphone one app at a time, that was my biggest gripe about the iphone is i could only have one program open at a time

like i said, drop the price a couple hundred and you might have a good deal. obivously its going to sell its apple but its not the gamechanger they act like it is
Old 01-27-2010, 11:54 AM
Pete
Civilian

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by flipped cracka
no flash, so you can't browse the web fully. no multitasking, so you have to actively in the email program to get new emails (doesn't help if you're browsing the web waiting for emails). and you can only run apps that are written for it or the iphone. that doesn't sound like it runs like a laptop.
I have a feeling that this won't be the case for very long. Apple isn't the kind of company that throws all their cards out on the table. Just like with the iPhone, they waited till the 3GS to release real video functionality and a compass. It will probably be a lot like that with the iPad. Once the early adopters have their fill and the general public realizes how cool the device really is after messing around with their geeky friend's, they will want one and there will be another price cut for the first model when the next model comes out with even better stuff (or a major software update).
Old 01-27-2010, 11:56 AM
reech-around
RIP Woong.

Originally Posted by Pete
I have a feeling that this won't be the case for very long. Apple isn't the kind of company that throws all their cards out on the table. Just like with the iPhone, they waited till the 3GS to release real video functionality and a compass. It will probably be a lot like that with the iPad. Once the early adopters have their fill and the general public realizes how cool the device really is after messing around with their geeky friend's, they will want one and there will be another price cut for the first model when the next model comes out with even better stuff (or a major software update).
i dont think you have any idea about the background story with apple and flash h: it's not that simple. dont expect apple to embrace flash anytime soon, or ever.

http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2008/11/adobe-flash-on/

Last edited by reech-around; 01-27-2010 at 11:58 AM.
Old 01-27-2010, 11:56 AM
XScarAudio
///o\\\///o\\\

sounds like apple's attempt to enter the feminine sanitary products market...
Old 01-27-2010, 12:02 PM
94civicEX
I got worms.

No way to use multiple apps, FAIL.

duck squad member #00003
Old 01-27-2010, 12:02 PM
iNteGraz92
forever lurking

freakin failpad. so much hype and nothing delivered. this was supposed to be revolutionary and all it is is a giant iphone. the only people that will buy this are apple fanboys. netbook > failpad
Old 01-27-2010, 12:03 PM
Nightshade
un-Touch'd krew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by I Killed Tupac
that stuff will be fixed when it gets jailbroken
No it won't, even Jailbroken on Blackra1n you can only run one process at a time aside from music on in the background and one app.
Old 01-27-2010, 12:05 PM
Llamaguy

I wonder if they will make a super absorbent version as well?
Old 01-27-2010, 12:07 PM
XScarAudio
///o\\\///o\\\

Originally Posted by Llamaguy
I wonder if they will make a super absorbent version as well?
not sure about that, but i've heard of a thong verson and one with wings.:rockon:
Old 01-27-2010, 12:07 PM
shirley
CBOTY 2010

Originally Posted by Nightshade
No it won't, even Jailbroken on Blackra1n you can only run one process at a time aside from music on in the background and one app.
check out multifl0w

but still the point stands, there is no reason a company should release a product it claims to be revolutionary and then everyone has to go and modify its internal OS just to get it to do commonly accepted basic features. especially at a price point like this.

i did and still do love the iphone, but all its faults irked me on a daily basis.