Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Your Best and Worst Job...

Old 10-15-2008, 05:27 PM
TeggerLS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Your Best and Worst Job...

What was your best job and why, as well as your worst and why.

thnx4playing
Old 10-15-2008, 05:34 PM
Nightshade
un-Touch'd krew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My best so far has been the one I am in currently.
Ground floor business opportunity with nothing but vertical growth potential in a field that has a strong future with realatively minimal competition with a product that is the best in the market (not bragging just fact).

Worst job has to have been working at Round Table Pizza in Sonora Ca. the manager was a total bitch and her husband the pig (asshole cop) would come in and harrass me all the time. granted I was pretty strung out at the time but fuck him and her equally for making my life even more of a living hell than it was.
Old 10-15-2008, 05:37 PM
95SiR
hood rich

worst job = 1 month of 18hr days (mon-sat, 6am-12midnite) of random manual labor for a local radio show produce festival thing. carrying boxes, unpacking, packing, bagging items, drive to pick up more boxes and repeat this was back in like 1998. i got paid at the end $2k cash only

best job = current
Old 10-15-2008, 05:38 PM
DakarM

my current one. because it has been my best and my worst.
LCD Squad #0001
Originally Posted by WiLL
...I really wanna get out and shoot people.
Old 10-15-2008, 06:18 PM
dj02
click click

worst - kenny rogers roasters. even tho i had a blast because i was fresh out school, and drank beer from the tap while working. fast food as a job just sucks ass!

best - earthlink 2000-2003 got to go to work how ever i wanted, there where times where i just put on a hat and went in my pj's and slippers. we would have parties every quarter. we had beer catered for our million customer party, anytime we had a event we would have beer catered. had a kick ass car pool got loaded before work, lunch, and on the way home. awesome pay for doing nothing, and i banged so many chicks there.

Last edited by dj02; 10-15-2008 at 08:28 PM.
Old 10-15-2008, 06:27 PM
b00gers

Worst - I relocated peoples computers at Yahoo! Its one of those I needed money-brainless-maybe i will meet new people-oh what the hell type of jobs. Went there for 2 days, and bounced

Best - Current job, direct a comprehensive after school program. Proud of my work - come and go as i please - decent pay - fun playing with kids.
Old 10-15-2008, 06:40 PM
white_n_slow
it's my D in a B

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Best - Pool boy at a quasi-fancy hotel. I sat around and drank, went home to fap on the clock, hung out at friends' houses on the clock, got to look at boobies, free meals for most of my college years, no responsibility whatsoever. Only payed $7.25/hr though h:

Worst - FEMA housing inspector post-Katrina/Rita. Worked 7am to 10pm (at least) 7 days a week, no breaks until I quit. Lived in my volvo for a while and "moved up" to the most disgusting motel I've ever seen. Met a bunch of loonies and hicks, met a bunch of people who were trying to take a free ride on the govt/trying to pull fraud on me. Met a bunch of people in genuine need who probably didn't get the help they needed. SE Texas sucks the big one. I did make bank though h:

Last edited by white_n_slow; 10-15-2008 at 06:41 PM.
Old 10-15-2008, 07:30 PM
useless
i like cheese

worst - retail at some electronics store - Crappy pay, was getting the part time $/hr for full time hours. Decent boss got fired and the replacement was a stupid bitch that had applied for every supervisor position and been passed up. Rumor was they felt sorry for her and gave her that one. I swear she never lifted a finger, she would show up, tell us what to do/bitch at us and disappear for hours, never helped us or any customers. For comparison, the previous boss worked like one of the team, helped us, help customers.

best - Apple, kind of laid back environment, boss was very approachable, co workers were fun to bs with
or
bouncer - weak pay but the easiest job ever, got paid to hang out most of the time, the other bouncers were cool, got to see lots of boobs (flash the doorman - get in free), lots of free drinks, got to know a bunch of the local cops and they would recognize me when i was ot at the other bars and not even mess with me, apparently was in the back ground when MTV was filming Sorority Life at my bar

Originally Posted by dj02
best - earthlink 2000-2003 got to go to work how ever i wanted, there where times where i just put on a hat and went in my pj's and slippers. we would have parties every quarter. we would had beer catered for our million customer party, anytime we had a event we would have beer catered. had a kick ass car pool got loaded before work, lunch, and on the way home. awesome pay for doing nothing, and i banged so many chicks there.
lol i worked at Earthlink too around the same time, i was out in Roseville

Last edited by useless; 10-15-2008 at 07:35 PM.
Old 10-15-2008, 07:33 PM
M@rshy
٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶

Worst: Taco Time I guess because it was fast food and I would smell like mexi nuggets all the time.

Best: I suppose either of my last two jobs doing websites. I got to surf the internet most of the day and do what I wanted. Not a huge fan of any of my jobs.
Old 10-15-2008, 08:10 PM
ShaolinLueb

best job = current one.

worst job = none. all my job's were decent.