Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

An actual good deal at the CompUSA closing sale - HP iPAQ 310 GPS for $269

Old 02-15-2008, 06:34 PM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default An actual good deal at the CompUSA closing sale - HP iPAQ 310 GPS for $269

I popped in there to check out if they had any decent selection of laptop cases remaining. They didn't. But they did have a nice big sign saying 40% off all GPS units. I poked around trying to find the GPS display, and one each of older models of Garmin, Magellan and HP units. Nothing interesting.

But then I peeked into a cage of random goodies just sort of chilling in an aisle, and in the very bottom there were several HP iPAQ 310's which looked rather more tempting than the stuff up on the display. Couldn't really get a good look at the specs on the box through the cage so I called a friend to do some quick research for me.

This particular GPS has a real nice 4.3" 800x480 screen and shows 3D terrain and buildings. The cheapest it's available online is $329 + shipping from J&R Music World and that's a special price through the end of the month, otherwise everywhere else it's $400+. PC Magazine thinks it's pretty badass. So for the $269 price I snatched it right up. No idea if your local soon-to-be-closed CompUSA has any of these in stock or if they have the same 40% markdown on GPS units but might be worth a look.