Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Hey cornholio, don't email the whole office!!!

Old 02-12-2008, 06:08 PM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey cornholio, don't email the whole office!!!

So this guy at my office has developed a bit of a habit of sending emails to the whole office.

There are two steadfast rules at my office: don't shit in the middle stall unless it's an emergency, and don't email the whole office.

There's a distribution list that is only for the senior management and the admin to email everyone with announcements and such. Te only exception is around holidays when stuff slows down.

This dude, who's been around for maybe 5 months, and happens to be in my department, hasn't gotten it through his thick skull that he's not supposed to email everybody. Even though every time he does it he gets bitched out.

He did it once when he brought in a whole bunch of eggnog and vanilla wafers for our department, that was way more than anyone wanted. So he tried to pawn off the extras on the rest of the office. Oh and he put it near my desk so the rest of the office thought I was somehow involved in his crap.

Then he decided for both the NFC Championship and Super Bowl to send NY Giants smack talk with a whole bunch of pictures inserted in to it. To the whole office!!!

Today he sent out yet another email announcing that he would be playing the trumpet in his band at Overture Center, the local concert hall of note. Then he decided he absolutely had to reply to all and make sure everyone knew not to worry because he is in fact a *professional* trumpet player.

I've had enough. Plus since I'm a manager a bunch of people griped to me even though this guy doesn't work directly for me. Well no longer! He is going DOWN!!! It's like he talked about Fight Club!!!
Old 02-12-2008, 06:10 PM
Misa
Pic Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

beat down.
Old 02-12-2008, 06:13 PM
flyromeo3

Originally Posted by MrFatbooty
So this guy at my office has developed a bit of a habit of sending emails to the whole office.

There are two steadfast rules at my office: don't shit in the middle stall unless it's an emergency, and don't email the whole office.

There's a distribution list that is only for the senior management and the admin to email everyone with announcements and such. Te only exception is around holidays when stuff slows down.

This dude, who's been around for maybe 5 months, and happens to be in my department, hasn't gotten it through his thick skull that he's not supposed to email everybody. Even though every time he does it he gets bitched out.

He did it once when he brought in a whole bunch of eggnog and vanilla wafers for our department, that was way more than anyone wanted. So he tried to pawn off the extras on the rest of the office. Oh and he put it near my desk so the rest of the office thought I was somehow involved in his crap.

Then he decided for both the NFC Championship and Super Bowl to send NY Giants smack talk with a whole bunch of pictures inserted in to it. To the whole office!!!

Today he sent out yet another email announcing that he would be playing the trumpet in his band at Overture Center, the local concert hall of note. Then he decided he absolutely had to reply to all and make sure everyone knew not to worry because he is in fact a *professional* trumpet player.

I've had enough. Plus since I'm a manager a bunch of people griped to me even though this guy doesn't work directly for me. Well no longer! He is going DOWN!!! It's like he talked about Fight Club!!!

Thank gawd I dont work for that company.
A lot of that goes on at my job but, its kept internal and I work in wall street. Not sure why you guys seem to be anal about it? Its not like theres a fee per email.
Old 02-12-2008, 06:14 PM
dubcac
I

People need to lighten up a bit.
Old 02-12-2008, 06:14 PM
flyromeo3

Now if he was told not to and still did it.. then ya, he's a dumba$$
Old 02-12-2008, 06:32 PM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

Originally Posted by flyromeo3
Thank gawd I dont work for that company.
A lot of that goes on at my job but, its kept internal and I work in wall street. Not sure why you guys seem to be anal about it? Its not like theres a fee per email.
These are the only things people nitpick about. It's like a frat house mostly. Everyone pays strict attention to their email. Nobody likes getting their inbox lit up with crap they don't want to read.

As for the middle stall well that's a buffer zone. h:

And yes as per your second post...the first time it was pointed out to him that particular distribution list is not there for his use but he keeps on going.
Old 02-12-2008, 07:16 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Sounds like a carefree work environment you've created
Old 02-12-2008, 07:20 PM
white_n_slow
it's my D in a B

pee in his coke :hsdunno:
Old 02-12-2008, 07:28 PM
KirkLS
Wannabe ///M3 owner

I hate when people feel the need to send out company wide emails. If you're somebody and it benefits the whole company then cool. No need to send the whole company shiet about a trumpet concert
Old 02-12-2008, 07:46 PM
canada

Beat down time...