Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Using a car might have been better...

Old 01-24-2008, 03:42 PM
THEOLDMAN
Checking it twice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Using a car might have been better...

53 minutes ago............................................... ...........................

SANDY SPRINGS, Ga. - A bank robbery suspect was arrested while waiting at a bus stop to make her getaway, police said. Channel Monae Gaskin, 22, was arrested Wednesday after a police officer saw her waiting for a bus and matched her to the description of the robbery suspect. She has been charged with robbery.
ADVERTISEMENT

"That just wasn't too bright," Sandy Springs police Lt. Steve Rose said of the escape plan.

A woman went into a bank shortly after 1 p.m. Wednesday and demanded money, police said. She did not show a weapon.

After being given a bag of cash, she ran across a parking lot to a restaurant, where a dye bomb exploded and sprayed orange-colored ink on her and the money, police said.

She left the restaurant and then tried to stash the dye-stained clothes and money in a bathroom at a nearby grocery store, Rose said.

The woman apparently changed clothes and went to a bus stop behind the grocery store, Rose said.

But what made Gaskin think she could escape on public transportation? Police say she told them she had done it before.

Gaskin admitted that on Jan. 15, she robbed a bank in DeKalb County and then got on a bus, police said.

The woman was taken Wednesday to the Fulton County Jail and likely will be turned over to DeKalb County authorities and charged with the Jan. 15 robbery, police said.

Not the sharpest knife in the drawer...heheh.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ...."WOW! What a ride!!!!!"

LUNCH with THEOLDMAN...On a break for now...
Old 01-24-2008, 03:44 PM
Nightshade
un-Touch'd krew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dekalb county...nuff said right there :lmfao: that place is a gold mine for Darwin awards.
Old 01-24-2008, 03:45 PM
BetterBob
Nobama

If not for the ink bag, I bet she would have gotten away again.
Old 01-24-2008, 03:46 PM
dj02
click click

hahahaha some people i swear.
Old 01-24-2008, 04:14 PM
sirg-vtec
I just wanted to fit in.

Isn't the last place you'll look is at the bus stop?
Old 01-24-2008, 04:19 PM
goon54

same thing happened in chicago a few years back dude robbed a bank and was waiting on the L platform for a train..............
Old 01-24-2008, 05:34 PM
puffy
bow down to king puffy

That is actually a good idea if done correctly! This about it, if you are in a car, people can see the car and ID it and cops will be on lookout for it. If you are on bus or train it will be a lot harder to catch you. The thing that she did wrong was, she should have got on a bus a few blocks away from bank, not right next to it!
Old 01-24-2008, 05:53 PM
Fire
wanna run

Originally Posted by puffy
That is actually a good idea if done correctly! This about it, if you are in a car, people can see the car and ID it and cops will be on lookout for it. If you are on bus or train it will be a lot harder to catch you. The thing that she did wrong was, she should have got on a bus a few blocks away from bank, not right next to it!

and minus the dye stain all over her