Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

bank just pwned me

Old 10-11-2007, 10:26 AM
shirley
CBOTY 2010

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bank just pwned me

:wtc:

this is gay ...

my debit card is getting really old and starting to not read very well. so i called this morning to order a new one, and shes like ok thats fine happy to do it, you will see it in about 10 days. i'm like awesome that doesnt take long.

calls me back about an hour ago ... ok new card is ordered, your old one has been terminated

me: terminated?

yes she says we terminate all old cards upon request for a new one as a precaution ...

sooo i have no debit, no cash in my pocket, and my nearest bank branch is 300 miles away. AWESOME. now my mom is sending me a check down that i can cash so at least i can buy food and gas till the new card comes

wish i would have known at the beginning that my old card would be trashed the second i requested a new one.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:28 AM
AcuraFanatic

That's a stupid policy. Normally they terminate old upon activation of new.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:30 AM
NOPD
Come in My Hole

Bank of Mexico?
Old 10-11-2007, 10:32 AM
Hambone

That happened to me last week. It sucked donkey balls having to write checks...:a:
Old 10-11-2007, 10:33 AM
CRAIGHIMSELF
Be good

Its the policy at the Bank of Prejudice where hate is how we rate.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:34 AM
GSRchick714

That's weird - seems like they could just terminate the old one when you called to activate the new one :dunno:
Old 10-11-2007, 10:34 AM
RB
snitches get stitches

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you planning on living where you are for the foreseeable future? If so you should probably switch to a bank that is in both locations (where you are now and where your current bank is).
Old 10-11-2007, 10:36 AM
shirley
CBOTY 2010

Originally Posted by RB
Are you planning on living where you are for the foreseeable future? If so you should probably switch to a bank that is in both locations (where you are now and where your current bank is).

yea i do, and the thing is i just opened an account where i am now with a bank and they have a branch back home. but problem is my paychecks are direct deposited to my up north account because thats where all the automatic withdrawals come out of AND thats where i have my car loan through
Old 10-11-2007, 11:15 AM
thomas
pew pew pew

Originally Posted by rebeld
yea i do, and the thing is i just opened an account where i am now with a bank and they have a branch back home. but problem is my paychecks are direct deposited to my up north account because thats where all the automatic withdrawals come out of AND thats where i have my car loan through
quite the predicament
Old 10-11-2007, 11:17 AM
RB
snitches get stitches

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rebeld
can you split your direct deposit?

For example:

I have my car loan through bank A. I do my regular banking with bank B. I have a certain portion of my check routed to a checking account at bank A, where my car loan automatically draws from once a month. The rest of my check is deposited into bank B.

Just a thought.