Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Women Circumsized WTF

Old 06-28-2007, 09:42 AM
F22B Prelude
Rachel Bilson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Women Circumsized WTF

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20070628...encircumcision
Old 06-28-2007, 09:43 AM
DarkStarr
Shake n Bake!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You didnt know about this? Its disgusting.
Old 06-28-2007, 09:44 AM
RicoD
Pull my finger

This isn't new.... it is/was common practice in that side and area of the world

EDIT:

I think some dude was arrested here in the states for performing it to his daughter
Old 06-28-2007, 09:50 AM
Tark

Pretty stupid to ban it IMO
Old 06-28-2007, 10:00 AM
Biffs_muse
When in doubt, mumble

:eh: I realize that traditional practices not familar to ours are just that, part of a long held tradition in certain cultures but this one, I just don't understand nor do I want to. I've watched some documentaries on this and it literally sickens me. Most of these young girls just entering puberty aren't being given any form of anethesia (sp) or pain killers and the implements used in the "surgical procedures" aren't sanitized. The demoralization of women not to mention the emotional and mental degradation that must go down is just astonishing. I'm glad to see they're banning this practice although we all know there's going to be some backwoods sects still practicing orthodox tradition that will do the procedures for those that want it done to their daughters despite the ban.

Originally Posted by Tark
Pretty stupid to ban it IMO
:eh: :down: what would make you say that? They're banning the circumcision of young girls clitorus'. That's like cutting the head of your penis off.

Last edited by Biffs_muse; 06-28-2007 at 10:03 AM.
Old 06-28-2007, 10:03 AM
Tark

Originally Posted by Biffs_muse
I realize that traditional practices not familar to ours are just that, part of a long held tradition in certain cultures but this one, I just don't understand nor do I want to. I've watched some documentaries on this and it literally sickens me. Most of these young girls just entering puberty aren't being given any form of anethesia (sp) or pain killers and the implements used in the "surgical procedures" aren't sanitized. The demoralization of women not to mention the emotional and mental degradation that must go down is just astonishing. I'm glad to see they're banning this practice although we all know there's going to be some backwoods sects still practicing orthodox tradition that will do the procedures for those that want it done to their daughters despite the ban.
97% of the female population have it done... wopnt be a backwood sect... it will be a shit load of botched even mor dangerous surgery going on.
Old 06-28-2007, 10:06 AM
Biffs_muse
When in doubt, mumble

Originally Posted by Tark
97% of the female population have it done... wopnt be a backwood sect... it will be a shit load of botched even mor dangerous surgery going on.
I hope you never have a daughter man (if you don't already). That's just crazy. Most of these "surgeries" aren't in any kind of medical facilities to begin with. They'e done in some smelly hut without running water. I realize the one in the report was, but MOST are not so they'd be just as backwoods of procedures as they've always been. Did you see the primative tool in the picture? That's no scapel by today's standards.

Last edited by Biffs_muse; 06-28-2007 at 10:08 AM.
Old 06-28-2007, 10:07 AM
GSRRacer95
Fight On!

Originally Posted by F22B Prelude
Get with the times, nOOb
Old 06-28-2007, 10:20 AM
Tark

Originally Posted by Biffs_muse
I hope you never have a daughter man (if you don't already). That's just crazy. Most of these "surgeries" aren't in any kind of medical facilities to begin with. They'e done in some smelly hut without running water. I realize the one in the report was, but MOST are not so they'd be just as backwoods of procedures as they've always been. Did you see the primative tool in the picture? That's no scapel by today's standards.
So your problem with female circumcision is the way the procedure is practiced?

It’s not a scapel by today’s western standards. I have seen tones of people who live there lives not knowing what is a real doctor… people that think sorcery is a legitimate disease. To the point that they will actually abandon there kid because some fucked up “Dr” said the kid was a witch. So tot hose people this “primitive tool” is good for the practice.

You cannot impose the western ways in Africa it just doesn’t work that way… let them deal with there more important problem instead of putting pressure to ban something that they have been doing for 4000 years.
Old 06-28-2007, 10:21 AM
Biffs_muse
When in doubt, mumble

Tark read up on it man. I sure as hell wouldn't want any of my female family members to go through anything like this.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Female_circumcision