Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

U.S. Gun Laws Draw Heat After Massacre

Old 04-17-2007, 10:52 PM
dubcac
I

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's already strict enough as is. At this rate, steak knives will be outlawed by 2025.
Old 04-17-2007, 10:53 PM
Nightshade
un-Touch'd krew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

besides all that look at who is calling our gun laws into question...the fucking brits.

They are just scared because we already kicked their asses once and would do it again if we wanted to.

Go fix your fucking teeth and get your nose out of our business ya fruity tea drinking bastards.
Old 04-17-2007, 11:00 PM
dubcac
I

Originally Posted by Nightshade
besides all that look at who is calling our gun laws into question...the fucking brits.

They are just scared because we already kicked their asses once and would do it again if we wanted to.

Go fix your fucking teeth and get your nose out of our business ya fruity tea drinking bastards.
truf. They shouldn't bitch too hard, we protect them.

:chuckles:
Old 04-17-2007, 11:19 PM
DarkStarr
Shake n Bake!

On another note, going out shooting with some buds today..
Old 04-17-2007, 11:20 PM
DarkStarr
Shake n Bake!

Originally Posted by b00gers
You cant give the country the ability to own firearms, have firearms in homes and on the street...then say..."opps, my bad...you cant own them anymore." There is NO way for them to unarm everyone. Laws will just affect those who abide by it...and people who commit crimes kinda already dont abide by them.
I totally agree with this, our country was founded with the right to own a firearm, and to take that away certainly will not work well.
Old 04-18-2007, 12:16 AM
Kestrel
Push to shock!

Originally Posted by Nightshade
what needs to happen is they need to give a gun to every citizen above 21 that is legally allowed to own a gun and the right to carry it concealed according to CCW laws. This will stop a lot of that shit from happening real quick...
This is just a knee jerk reaction to the other extreme, no better than saying "Ban all guns now." Not everyone wants a gun, not everyone wants to carry it everywhere, not everyone wants to pay for a gun and the training to get a CCW. As it stands, most people of this country can choose to get a CCW and a gun (only 4 states ban CCWs), and certainly getting a gun in any state is pretty easy. The argument that CCWs prevent crime is tenuous at best. I have no problems with people justifying CCW with the 2nd amendment, but the evidence about CCW and crime is not so clear cut.

Gun laws don't exist in a vacuum, how well they work depends on the society they exist. You see countries like Switzerland and Israel with high gun densities and countries like Japan and Singapore with low gun densities both having none of these issues. Why? It has nothing to do with the guns, and everything to do with the fact that people in those countries show some deference to the good of the society they live in.
Old 04-18-2007, 03:43 AM
flyromeo3

HE BOUGHT THE GUN LEGALLY. Should we ban the sale of firearms to people that legally purchase them and then end up going crazy?
If we could read minds and tell the future im sure no guns would be sold.
Unfortunately we cant predict that. Yeah, we have a problem with guns and I see (ex: NYC mayor ) people going after the wrong business.
Its not the gun manufactors or gun dealers fault that joe or jane decided to go on a murder spree.

Guns dont kill people.
People kill people.
Old 04-18-2007, 03:51 AM
flyromeo3

OMG....how does this story get twisted around into gun laws?

first off, i wouldnt listen to anything the canadian or british gov't has to say.
if it wasnt for us im sure the british would of been speaking in german.
Old 04-18-2007, 05:28 AM
Pete
Civilian

The two guns that the shooter was using had the serial numbers filed off. He acquired them by illegal means. I just don't see how changing the current gun laws is going to stop people from obtaining them illegally.
Old 04-18-2007, 05:37 AM
flyromeo3

Originally Posted by Pete
The two guns that the shooter was using had the serial numbers filed off. He acquired them by illegal means. I just don't see how changing the current gun laws is going to stop people from obtaining them illegally.

The guns were purchased LEGALLY by him. Perhaps he filed off the serial numbers.