Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

On-campus shooting v.VaTechmyfriendsgothere:sad:

Old 04-16-2007, 07:14 PM
Red X
x pǝɹ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As it was said before - I'm nervous about going to my first day of class because of possible copy-cats. It really hits hard when you go to a technology school of the same size and you can just imagine what it would be like.

As for the people who think they would have done something different when lined up against a wall. Its difficult to assume you know what you'd do when in a completely new and different situation, I pray that none of you will ever experience that and we shouldn't assume that such heroics weren't done. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if many of the students did attempt it, and just didn't make it. Actions are a lot different in retrospect, and I hope that such a thing never happens to anyone again. My thoughts go out to all of the families and friends of the involved.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:15 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Originally Posted by Red X
As it was said before - I'm nervous about going to my first day of class because of possible copy-cats. It really hits hard when you go to a technology school of the same size and you can just imagine what it would be like.

As for the people who think they would have done something different when lined up against a wall. Its difficult to assume you know what you'd do when in a completely new and different situation, I pray that none of you will ever experience that and we shouldn't assume that such heroics weren't done. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if many of the students did attempt it, and just didn't make it. Actions are a lot different in retrospect, and I hope that such a thing never happens to anyone again. My thoughts go out to all of the families and friends of the involved.
Where do you go?
Old 04-16-2007, 07:17 PM
Red X
x pǝɹ

Originally Posted by 98CoupeV6
Where do you go?
RIT - although after reviewing the size of the student body - we aren't 25k+ (I thought we were about 20k), we're more like 13k undergrad and 5k grad.

Last edited by Red X; 04-16-2007 at 07:21 PM.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:18 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Originally Posted by Red X
RIT
That place reminds me of a Soviet military hospital from 1962. Don't go to class.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:19 PM
Schwa
Schiggity

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

At least we know now the difference between v-tec and V. Tech.

Fuck I'm going straight to hell.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:24 PM
Red X
x pǝɹ

Originally Posted by 98CoupeV6
That place reminds me of a Soviet military hospital from 1962. Don't go to class.
Yeah I graduate this summer - I'm used to it. I'll just sit in the front of the class with my Kevlar vest.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:59 PM
aux
More Black on Black Crime

fucking news stations already blaming video games and movies. come on. the person to blame is the ho girlfriend. close thread.
Old 04-16-2007, 08:29 PM
dubcac
I

Originally Posted by Epoch
I liked how you edited out the part of my post that was most important:

And I like how you somehow turned a sociological statement into a political statement, and somehow tried to make it insulting to my political beliefs? I also stated WHY more of these events have been happening in greater frequency(And, amusingly enough, have greater bearing on youth violence than any of the violent movie and game boogeymen beliefs).

Idea: Lets compare a ratio of youth videogame players to school shooters against kids who had easy access to guns to school shooters, and lets see which statistic stands out on top.

Everything has to be political to you, huh? Games and violent movies are not to blame here. One-off psychos, and eternal life in the media spotlight are to blame

Also, interesting to note:
So what...you're seeing a rise in violent crime due to increasing video game sales? How about increasing population? I bet that has nothing to do with it.

Originally Posted by reno96teg
wow, a 7-year span, 4 year-old, general comparison versus ALL computer and video-game sales. how conclusive.
:werd:

However, I think that blaming video games instead of people is a serious fucking cop out.
Old 04-16-2007, 08:46 PM
crvman
Hottie

Really sad day, so many innocent people killed. Probably some of the brightest people being an engineering building.
Old 04-16-2007, 09:45 PM
SUPER LAUBO
KiMBO's Hubby

RIP :sad:

what do video games have to do with a disgruntled guy involved in a love triangle? :dunno: i don't understand why people immediately turn to regression charts about video games being the cause of violence.