Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Problem w/ TCC (h22!)

Old 02-18-2007, 12:30 PM
DarkStarr
Shake n Bake!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Problem w/ TCC (h22!)

Okay, so here's the story in a nutshell:

1)Paid Tri County Customs up front for H22 Swap w/ 5spd (includes all parts/labor). Have receipts.
2)Next day, they say itll cost $3k extra in labor to do MTX conversion.
3)I tell them Ill think about it, and then realize that they should have to do everything for the original price because everything is on the receipt.
4)I ask if they worked anything out yet, and they say that if I cancel then I have to pay to ship it back, pay cancellation fee's, and only get instore credit.
5)Next day, I find out they ordered everything w/o me telling them to. Apparently they "hoped I would change my mind and stick with auto"
6)I feel they should have to do everything for the original price, or since it was their mistake, credit my card in full.
7)Going down tomorrow to see what they say, if they dont do everything for the original price (H22 w/ 5sp), then I want my card credited in full, and no charges or shipping are paid by me. If they disagree, then I will file a dispute with my CC company.

They also messed up on my window tint, but Im sure after this situation they will be pissed, and Im not leaving my car alone with them to fix it. Ill take it elsewhere. I no longer support this shop, and it seems to have gone downhill since the new management came in.

What do you all think?
Old 02-18-2007, 12:54 PM
mike01civic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'm in the pittsburgh area, who is the shop in question? $3000 for labor is f'n rediculous. i would try to work it out with them, because you don't want to be on bad terms with someone who has your car...also, i wouldn't tell them you are going to dispute it with your cc company just yet. that will put a sour taste in their mouth. i don't know all the particular details, but if all said and done and they still won't refund your money, i would dispute the charges with your cc, file a claim with the BBB and PA State Attorney General.

Last edited by mike01civic; 02-18-2007 at 01:02 PM.
Old 02-18-2007, 01:02 PM
totalimmortal
MalleusMaleficarum

You wanted the H22
Old 02-18-2007, 01:22 PM
F22B Prelude
Rachel Bilson

You didnt wanna listen to me
Old 02-18-2007, 01:33 PM
hitman619
SDSU Basketball

Originally Posted by theunforgivenii
2)Next day, they say itll cost $3k extra in labor to do MTX conversion.
:eh: I don't understand

did you guys agree on a price for the swap or what?
Old 02-18-2007, 01:35 PM
sherwood
I missed Sean

take the car back, take it to small claims, and they can deal with the parts they ordered
Old 02-18-2007, 05:03 PM
DarkStarr
Shake n Bake!

Originally Posted by mike01civic
i'm in the pittsburgh area, who is the shop in question? $3000 for labor is f'n rediculous. i would try to work it out with them, because you don't want to be on bad terms with someone who has your car...also, i wouldn't tell them you are going to dispute it with your cc company just yet. that will put a sour taste in their mouth. i don't know all the particular details, but if all said and done and they still won't refund your money, i would dispute the charges with your cc, file a claim with the BBB and PA State Attorney General.
Tri County Customs in Ambridge, PA. Right before you go across the Ambridge/Aliquippa bridge.

Originally Posted by totalimmortal
You wanted the H22
I still do, except the whole deal was that it was gonna be a 5 spd as well

Originally Posted by F22B Prelude
You didnt wanna listen to me
Nope

Originally Posted by hitman619
:eh: I don't understand

did you guys agree on a price for the swap or what?
Yes, we agreed on the price and I paid for it up front, like I said, I trusted these guys. I also have a receipt from the shop and a receipt for my CC

Originally Posted by sherwood
take the car back, take it to small claims, and they can deal with the parts they ordered
I have the car in my driveway. If they wont settle the matter, then I will dispute it with my CC company.
Old 02-18-2007, 10:34 PM
ED9man
driver

Diy Ftw
Old 02-18-2007, 10:52 PM
Nightshade
un-Touch'd krew

What does your reciept say?

Does it say H22 swap with MTX conversion on it? If it does then tell them they can talk it out in court and you will win because the quote states the conversion as part of price paid.

If what you paid was only for parts and labor was to be added in later then you are kind of SOL and are going to have to work something out with them.

yes there is a bit more to doing an auto to manual swap and making it look clean, but 3k is steep. I would say maybe $1500 -2k at the very most and it better be tits up factory looking work at that price.
Old 02-18-2007, 11:07 PM
DaGip
4N2Ner

$3000 :wtf:

My uncle has been doing Auto - Manual conversions since he opened his shop and the price has always been $800, engine swaps are $1100 and he guarantees all work to be done in 4 days or less, one of the reasons why people like him so much.

Hondas "R" Us, funny name but attracts people to the shop.