Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

So the teg forum is slow....

Old 01-13-2007, 11:44 AM
pierced1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So the teg forum is slow....

Alright guys i have a questions, and it will seem to be a stupid one to you guys, but i would rather be safe than sorry. I have a 1992 acura integra gs, and its having transmission issues. I need to know EXACTLY how to check the fluid in it. I'm not even sure if its the right dip stick in it or not. Its got three holes in it... one towards the top and two towards the bottom about a half an inch away from each other. From what i'm thinking, the middle hole is for checking it when its cold and the top one when it is hot maybe? I'm not sure, please let me know if you know for sure. And dont call me a dumbass for asking a question about checking my trans. fluid in my car please, that wont help me out much....
Old 01-13-2007, 12:12 PM
pierced1

Come on guys help me out please, i have my car on jack stands in the front yard in case i need to drain some fluid.....
Old 01-13-2007, 12:15 PM
2001TEGGSR

Auto or Manual? Do you have a haynes or helms?
Old 01-13-2007, 12:19 PM
pierced1

Auto and i have the Haynes and it doesnt show the type of dip stick mine has in it...it shows a different one....
Old 01-13-2007, 12:54 PM
Singhg83
BALLIN'

im not too sure, but i think the auto dip stick is located close to the firewall on the passenger side. its pretty far down there, but you'll realize that its the dipstick by the fluid color. red means its good, anything darker means that its time for a change. i remember on my camry that you would have to start the car and go through all the gears before checking the dipstick, ie p-1(L) and back. hopefully this might help. again, im not too sure, but this is better than nothing.

hope this helps man.
Old 01-13-2007, 01:03 PM
pierced1

Thanks mayn, see i know where it is its actually next to the battery under the coolant hose. It should be good, it hasn't been long since it was changed. My problem is knowing the proper level....

See a few months ago i left the house and it hung in 2nd gear....had to rev it pretty hard for a few miles and it finally shifted. I got home and noticed the third hole up top on the dipstick so i filled it up to that and then it started leaking.....well i found that it wasnt leaking it was blowing it out because apparantly there was to much in it. So i take it that its suppose to be filled to the middle hole when its cold and the top when hot. I just want to make sure, because i dont want to jack the tranny up in it.
Old 01-13-2007, 01:23 PM
2001TEGGSR

Originally Posted by pierced1
Thanks mayn, see i know where it is its actually next to the battery under the coolant hose. It should be good, it hasn't been long since it was changed. My problem is knowing the proper level....

See a few months ago i left the house and it hung in 2nd gear....had to rev it pretty hard for a few miles and it finally shifted. I got home and noticed the third hole up top on the dipstick so i filled it up to that and then it started leaking.....well i found that it wasnt leaking it was blowing it out because apparantly there was to much in it. So i take it that its suppose to be filled to the middle hole when its cold and the top when hot. I just want to make sure, because i dont want to jack the tranny up in it.
You have the car up on jack stands, might as well drain all you can and re-fill. Might solve the shifting problem.

And I guess Auto tranny fluid is different, but I just filled my manual after a rebuild and Acura MTF is not red.

Last edited by 2001TEGGSR; 01-13-2007 at 01:30 PM.
Old 01-13-2007, 01:27 PM
pierced1

Oh well i would, but only have 2q of fluid with me.... i might end up having to do that though just to make sure.... thanks
Old 01-13-2007, 01:29 PM
2001TEGGSR

Originally Posted by pierced1
Oh well i would, but only have 2q of fluid with me.... i might end up having to do that though just to make sure.... thanks
It's almost impossible to drain all of it out, the change interval only requires 2.3 quarts I think. Might be different for Manual.
Old 01-13-2007, 01:33 PM
pierced1

yea....3.2, i might just go get another quart tomorrow and just change it....sounds like a plan to me... thanks