Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Your life

Old 10-29-2006, 09:47 PM
firebane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Your life

If you were at a point in your life where nothing seems to be going and working for you but you were good at one thing would you go to school just to get papers so that maybe in hopes you'd get a decent job?

I've gone through life with people telling me I should go to school but nothing appeals to me and personally I don't want to go to school.

But here lies the dilemma, you don't want anything to do with your life, but you know what you want from it.

Like being happy, making a decent income and being able to afford the things you want. I know this maybe living in a unrealistic world, but in all honesty I don't have any idea what I want to do in life except be happy.

Does anyone else feel this way or am I just fucked and confused?
Old 10-29-2006, 09:49 PM
Nightshade
un-Touch'd krew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well if you keep the attitude of not wanting to put any effort into achieving your goals then you will always have what you have, nothing more and many times less.
Old 10-29-2006, 09:50 PM
firebane

Originally Posted by Nightshade
Well if you keep the attitude of not wanting to put any effort into achieving your goals then you will always have what you have, nothing more and many times less.
Is it so wrong for me to not have any goals?
Old 10-29-2006, 09:52 PM
Nightshade
un-Touch'd krew

Originally Posted by firebane
Is it so wrong for me to not have any goals?
If you have no goals then you have no reason to complain about anything at all
Old 10-29-2006, 09:53 PM
Nightshade
un-Touch'd krew

But seriously there is no way you have absolutely no goals. everyone no matter how inconsequential they may seem has goals of some sort.
Old 10-29-2006, 09:55 PM
firebane

Originally Posted by Nightshade
But seriously there is no way you have absolutely no goals. everyone no matter how inconsequential they may seem has goals of some sort.
I really do wish that was true.
Old 10-29-2006, 09:55 PM
2001TEGGSR

What kind of "things" do you want to be able to afford? Is there anything at all that you enjoy doing? Is there anything your good at? School isn't the answer for everybody.
Old 10-29-2006, 09:57 PM
firebane

Originally Posted by 2001TEGGSR
What kind of "things" do you want to be able to afford? Is there anything at all that you enjoy doing? Is there anything your good at? School isn't the answer for everybody.
I just want to be financially happy. Know that if something happens I can afford it. I live in my overdraft currently right now with the job I have. Yes I'm good at computers, but where I live having 8 years of computer experience means squat unless you have papers.
Old 10-29-2006, 10:04 PM
2001TEGGSR

Originally Posted by firebane
I just want to be financially happy. Know that if something happens I can afford it. I live in my overdraft currently right now with the job I have. Yes I'm good at computers, but where I live having 8 years of computer experience means squat unless you have papers.
Computers are a good recipie for success.

Being financially happy is a perfectly fesible goal. You CAN get there with the knowledge you have. You just need to prove yourself first. I went through the MCSE program before attending school, it brought a few job oppertunities my way. (still in school)

I kinda understand what your trying to say, it is very hard to get a job with computers and no degree. You have to work your ass off just to find somebody to hire you. What do you hate about school? The financial part of it? did you ever think about a tech school, like ITT tech or something that with graduation in a year?

Last edited by 2001TEGGSR; 10-29-2006 at 10:25 PM.
Old 10-29-2006, 10:23 PM
wubnql

That's stupid. Who would want to live an unhappy life?

Perhaps you just need a motivation kick? Think of it like this, you're eating rice alone right now, wouldn't you want some flavor? Even just soy sauce. Wouldn't you want to add a few drops of soy sauce to your rice? I know I am a noob and I sound stupid. Laugh at me, I don't care. If you can afford to go back to school, I honestly don't think why not do it. If you are comfortable with where you are right now, you would not be questioning whether you should go for the degree or not. Sure, there is nothing that interests you, but hey, so many people get laid just cause sex is good. They don't care about the person who they sleep with. Sex, satisfaction. If you can hold on to your job for 8 years, you know you've contributed something to that company you're working for. But hey, what about an upgrade for yourself?

(If I make no sense, I apologize. I am just trying to help.)