Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Blah blah blah...kayak shopping done

Old 08-04-2006, 11:01 AM
M@rshy
٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nightshade
Well just took it down to the flatwater river around the corner from my house and gave her a quick test run for about an hour or so. Definitley more responsive than I expected and every twitch of the body makes it move differently.

Gonna sign up for a roll class so I will be more comfortable in the rig and not so nervous. When they say you wear it more than you sit in it they aren't kidding, no amount of showroom sitting prepares you for how it actually feels on the water.
I love kayaking. How much was it? If I could find a cheaper one I would love to get one and go out some. I tried some cheap plastic uncovered ones but they didn't really flow across the water, more like you push it, it stops, you push again.
Old 08-04-2006, 11:10 AM
Nightshade
un-Touch'd krew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MarshyTheKid
I love kayaking. How much was it? If I could find a cheaper one I would love to get one and go out some. I tried some cheap plastic uncovered ones but they didn't really flow across the water, more like you push it, it stops, you push again.
Well this is a whitewater yak so it isn't real fluid across flat water at all, but it does ok on it. I could paddle flatwater for a few hours in it as it sits but the tracking in it sucks.

If you want a yak go hit craigslist and prepare to miss a lot of really smokin deals. it is a bit easier to buy a rec or touring yak off there than a whitewater one and I also would suggest if you are looking for a whitewater yak to test the fit before buying one. These things are very tight on space no matter what size you get and they should fit like a good pair of gloves. You can customize the fit with padding etc. but it has to at least fit decent to begin with.