Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Friends suck

Old 06-14-2006, 08:10 PM
Nightshade
un-Touch'd krew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Friends suck

Maybe it is just my luck or something but it seems my immediate group of friends are just not real bright people.

So I bought that parts truck tonight off a friend of mine who is in a tight spot and needed some cash. The deal was simple enough, I pay him $300 now and give him the rest in a week or two as money frees up for me. He agreed so he and his gf came over and handed me the title and I handed them the $300. I have been storing the truck for him for the past month so it was already here.

On the way home they stop to get some dinner and from what he tells me some guy robbed them at gunpoint taking his wallet, the money and her purse. So now they are dead broke.

So he calls me up saying he needs the rest of the money now, I simply say no can do until at least next week as per our agreement. So he tries to tell me that he will just sell the truck minus the tranny I paid for...WTF??

I remind him of our agreement and that if that is how he wants to do business he can pay me back the $300 and have the damn truck because we had a deal and I was holding to my end. I reminded him that the tranny is only worth $250 to me but I didn't want it if he was going to be this way. So he tries to guilt trip me into giving him some more cash but I just tell him there is no way I can do that at this point in time.

So am I a dick in this situation? I mean I hold to my word in everything I do because my word is my bond, but I feel like this is a nightmare about to begin for some reason.
Old 06-14-2006, 08:11 PM
dubcac
I

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You're not a dick at all. Him being held up and hard for cash is not your problem.
Old 06-14-2006, 08:13 PM
dE.fUsEd
I still like honda's. :-/

nice "friends".

seems like a pretty dick move on their part. you have the title, right? is it signed or whatever?

i don't see you doing anything wrong. it's not your problem if they lost their money. i hate people like that.
Old 06-14-2006, 08:15 PM
Nightshade
un-Touch'd krew

Originally Posted by dE.fUsEd
nice "friends".

seems like a pretty dick move on their part. you have the title, right? is it signed or whatever?

i don't see you doing anything wrong. it's not your problem if they lost their money. i hate people like that.
Yeah I have a fully signed title in my hands so technically i could be a dick and hit DMV tomorrow and tell him he is screwed for the money since posession being 9/10s and all.But that isn't how I am nor how I do business at all.

Just kinda pisses me off he would try to dick me over his fuckup.
Old 06-14-2006, 08:17 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

They knew the deal... and while it's unfortunate that they got robbed, it doesn't change things. :shrug:

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 06-14-2006, 09:14 PM
eonsx311
today is not my birthday.

Originally Posted by dubcac
You're not a dick at all. Him being held up and hard for cash is not your problem.
i agree, if his story is infact true its just a tough break for him. he will have to deal till your next agreed payment. he is lucky that you let him store it for so long.
Old 06-14-2006, 09:17 PM
RB
snitches get stitches

cough up the money cheapskate
Old 06-14-2006, 09:21 PM
Black2KGSR

IBthey'relyingaboutgettingrobbed
Old 06-15-2006, 05:25 AM
reno96teg

he sounds like a junkie. and no, you're not being a dick.
Old 06-15-2006, 05:31 AM
THEOLDMAN
Checking it twice

I tried not to do business with "friends" when I was remodeling...they all wanted a deal.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ...."WOW! What a ride!!!!!"

LUNCH with THEOLDMAN...On a break for now...