Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Friends suck

Old 06-15-2006, 05:34 AM
IluvJae
Grifball Player

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nah...you're definitely not being a dick...like you said...you held up to your end of the deal..now if he cant hold up to his end...then like you said...he give you back $300 he obviously doesn't have or suck it up and wait till next week.
Old 06-15-2006, 05:35 AM
k3ifers
k three ifers

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

sounds like your friend is doin pretty well.. being broke, storing a car at your place and then gettin robbed
Old 06-15-2006, 05:36 AM
Buyimports2

Did you have the rest of the money and just not wanted to pay for it? Or were you fresh out of cash also?

If you have the money to spare, you should be a good friend and give it to him (that's what i would do for my friends). But if you honestly don't have the money to spare, he should understand that you at least care to help but you can't.
Old 06-15-2006, 05:50 AM
pierced1

Originally Posted by reno96teg
he sounds like a junkie. and no, you're not being a dick.
+1 that was my first impression when i heard that. Thats why i only have certain friends i will do business with, shit like that ruins friendships. I have 1 friend who has borrowed $$ from me and i have borrowed $$ from him if i needed it. All other friends i try not to do business with unless its like 20$ or something like that. I have that 1 friends truck at my house, hes storing it there until we can find out why it wont run.
Old 06-15-2006, 06:52 AM
Draconius
BAZINGA!

tell him you want proof of being robbed...tell him to go to the cops, get a sketchand then when they find the guy and proof of robbery then pay him back...but since that wont happen...you aren't being a dick. A deal is a deal.
Old 06-15-2006, 07:19 AM
flyromeo3

If he is so sure about that have him show you a copy of the police report.
One thing my father always told me is never to get into business with friends or family.
Its not your problem that they got "robbed" You both made a deal.
You could give him the money but, legally your not entitled to.
Secondly, how can they possibly dead broke? Do they not believe in savings?
Old 06-15-2006, 07:31 AM
Big AL
Swollen Member

:lmao: I was mislead by the thread title. I thought this thread was going to be about the TV show Friends.
Old 06-15-2006, 07:44 AM
Buyimports2

Wow, pretty much everyone on here is a dick. If my friend owed me money, and I got robbed, and my friend said, "oh, i'm sorry, we agreed that I would pay you next monday. Hey want to come out to the bar with us? I just got paid". You better believe that person would not be my friend anymore.

Friends are there to help you when other people won't. Not abandon you when you need help the most. You guys need to learn how to be a good person. Or just keep acting like dicks and make people like me look that much better.
Old 06-15-2006, 07:48 AM
reno96teg

^ oh STFU, man.

the guy knew the deal, and agreed to it. now he's going back on it just because he supposedly got robbed and that makes it ok? please.. if he really was robbed, that sucks, but how is that jon's problem?

and if he's that broke that he needs money that badly and that quickly, maybe too many friends have been "helping" him out up until now.

Last edited by reno96teg; 06-15-2006 at 07:52 AM.
Old 06-15-2006, 08:03 AM
RicoD
Pull my finger

Originally Posted by Buyimports2
Wow, pretty much everyone on here is a dick. If my friend owed me money, and I got robbed, and my friend said, "oh, i'm sorry, we agreed that I would pay you next monday. Hey want to come out to the bar with us? I just got paid". You better believe that person would not be my friend anymore.

Friends are there to help you when other people won't. Not abandon you when you need help the most. You guys need to learn how to be a good person. Or just keep acting like dicks and make people like me look that much better.
i don't think anyone would ask if you wanted to go to the bar with them if they owed you money... :hsugh:

so he got robbed..it sucks, but calling a person up whose been storing ur shit for months, and demanding you get the rest of the payment right then and there even though you had a prior agreement, sucks for the dude that needs the money... the guy that owes is not abandoning him, he simply can't dish out the extra cash right now which his buddy already knows.... :dunno: I don't see a problem... next step would be to go to the next friend