Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

do you have a lot of friends, or just a few, or none really?

Old 02-07-2006, 09:22 AM
Spec R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default do you have a lot of friends, or just a few, or none really?

do you have a lot of friends, or just a few, or none really?

seriously, i always wonder about things like this, because all throughout my life, i never really had that close group of friends who understood u completely. i have about 3 or 4 people i can call true friends, but they are all spread out over california, and we are all too busy with our lives to ever hang out on a regular basis. this puts me in the "none really" category.

my gf has had a group of friends all her life, something like 20 people, many of them guys. i was friends with these guys too, but lately i hear they havent been too fond with my personality since the beginning of me and my gf's relationship (3 years +). conflicts of interest/maturity (i'm the oldest by a couple of years or more) are the culprits. they all live relatively close, and i live about 20 miles away. part of me doesnt care (its been that way from the beginning), but another part hurts because i cant be myself around these people and my gf, at least not the way i am when i'm around MY friends. especially now, now knowing that they poke fun, and my gf joins in on the fun.

sorry for the rant, i have a feeling the relationship with this gf is ending soon...
Old 02-07-2006, 09:26 AM
dubcac
I

I have a decent amount of friends. Most of my friends from middle school/high school I rarely have the opportunity to hang out with, due to living in different places. I also have a lot of friends in SD/So*Cal, whom I rarely hang out with now too. Up here I have a few friends from HS, and a few other good friends...and some new people I work with.
Old 02-07-2006, 09:29 AM
aux
More Black on Black Crime

always had a few close friends. im kinda hard to get along with h:
Old 02-07-2006, 09:29 AM
cobbcustomz

i have like 5 people i consider good friends, been friends with 3 of them all thru school and a couple i became friends with after i got out of school.
Old 02-07-2006, 09:32 AM
sinthetiq

my only true friend is han

/myself
Old 02-07-2006, 09:34 AM
k3ifers
k three ifers

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

i have four or five real good friends that i can just call up and do nothing with. thats how i distinguish good friends from other friends. other friends, in order to hang out with them, i feel i need something to do, like go to a party or something.

all of my good friends ive known since high school or before and have stuck around my home town like i did. i go home every weekend from school to chill with them
Old 02-07-2006, 09:36 AM
e3NiNe
#CustomUserTitle

I pick and choose ... I'd rather have 1 friend that I can count on, than 10 who I hang out with.
Old 02-07-2006, 09:36 AM
joebenz
nelson rules

i think i really only have a few good close friends.
Old 02-07-2006, 09:37 AM
Spec R

i guess its weird with them because, if i talk about myself, i'm self-centered, but with them, if they talk about themselves, its not self-centered because none of them are ever apart from each other, except two of the 20 or so people, of which i get along with the best, because they are the ones that traveled away from home to go to school.

the rest of the group have never really left los angeles. even for vacations...
Old 02-07-2006, 09:42 AM
Spec R

oh yeah, here's what really sparked me making this thread...

i've been told by the gf this..."we all know you're a great person, you're just not a great friend."

after all the shit i've gone to and whatever else, this is how its become. if i mention anything about how i feel about her friends to my gf, she thinks i'm being annoying.