Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

I gotta vent, badly

Old 01-27-2006, 08:51 AM
AcuraFanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I gotta vent, badly

My parents have been going through a divorce for about six months now. My mom (a dental hygentist) just got an e-mail from her lawyer last night that the judge is going to give her 15% of my dad's gross salary per month, blah blah blah and other stipulations.

Well she has been crying all day saying that she won't be able to afford the bills, that she had to borrow money from my grandmother earlier and that it's running out. She works 3.5 days a week which she says is "full time" for a dental hygentist.

Now this is what pisses me off. She bought a brand new '05 CR-V last year right after the divorce proceedings happened and has a $520 car payment a month. She goes out to lunch with her friend at least 2-3 times per week, etc.

So I was looking online and found some receptionist part time jobs that were hiring. I gave her the cutouts and she sarcastically says "Thanks Shawn."

:wtf: Fuck you, I'm trying to help you. People need to stop feeling so goddamn sorry for themselves and actually be more proactive. God forbid she works an extra 20 hours a week answering telephone calls and stops going out to lunch so often, stops buying random shit.

As it is I'm going to have to loan her $600 this month for her to cover rent. Fucking bullshit. I need to move out again, I can balance work and school.
Old 01-27-2006, 08:53 AM
LABARINTH
Better Than Canada!

do dental hygentists make good money?
Old 01-27-2006, 08:53 AM
Singhg83
BALLIN'

damn dude, sorry to hear about that.

but yea, i know how it is to live at home and go to school, im strongly considering moving out in the next few semesters.
Old 01-27-2006, 08:56 AM
AcuraFanatic

Originally Posted by LABARINTH
do dental hygentists make good money?
I think she makes $40K a year but I can't confirm that. That's just my observation for what the field makes.
Old 01-27-2006, 08:56 AM
Josh M

I did a loan for a dental hygenist and she was making 60k+? Your mom must have crazy spending habits.

Sucks for you but sounds like you're dealing with it well
Old 01-27-2006, 09:00 AM
H-Accord-22
Duh

Originally Posted by Josh M
I did a loan for a dental hygenist and she was making 60k+? Your mom must have crazy spending habits.

Sucks for you but sounds like you're dealing with it well

I agree. Even at 40K a year, that's well above the national's average and she can afford it if she spends smarts. No offense bro, but you'd need to tell her that so she can come back to reality, even if she's your mom. And good luck with what you do
Old 01-27-2006, 09:11 AM
clickwir
Floppy Death! noES!!!

Damn, her standard of living is about to take a turn downward.

Either that or she'll be in debt for the next 20 years.

Damn... $40 grand a year, that would be a dream job right now. I'm gettin by ok, I don't have a new car or fancy stuff. She'll just have to learn to live diffrent.
Old 01-27-2006, 09:13 AM
TaekOne
pronounced tech

i feel you. its been about 3 months since my parents started the divorce process and i find myself torn tryin to support my mom and younger brothers in any way i can. press on, dood. like you said, just be there for your mom and be that source of reality and motivation, even when it sucks hardcore.
Old 01-27-2006, 09:14 AM
AcuraFanatic

Originally Posted by clickwir
Damn, her standard of living is about to take a turn downward.

Either that or she'll be in debt for the next 20 years.

Damn... $40 grand a year, that would be a dream job right now. I'm gettin by ok, I don't have a new car or fancy stuff. She'll just have to learn to live diffrent.
I don't know what her malfunction is. My dad makes well over six figures a year so maybe she's trying to cling onto some liftstyle she can't afford anymore. Eitherway it's complete bullshit to snap at me when I offer constructive critisim or try to help her by finding an extra job for some cash.
Old 01-27-2006, 09:15 AM
Nightshade
un-Touch'd krew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

is your mom hot?

pics please