Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Max-OT

Old 01-17-2006, 06:43 PM
worm696

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Max-OT

Has anyone completed the course? I registered and have read up everything and I want to know if it is worth my time to continue the 12 weeks.
Old 01-17-2006, 06:50 PM
dubcac
I

You don't have to follow it week by week, just read up on the principles of the max-ot system. I use it for set structure and workout planning.
Old 01-17-2006, 06:52 PM
worm696

Originally Posted by dubcac
You don't have to follow it week by week, just read up on the principles of the max-ot system. I use it for set structure and workout planning.
OK. So it isn't worth it to do the 12 week program?
Old 01-17-2006, 06:55 PM
dubcac
I

I read all 12 weeks. It's not really a 12 week program....its more like 12 chapters to read. It goes into workout structure, set structure, different programs, nutrition, supplementing, resting principles, etc. I read the whole thing and took all that knowledge and applied it to a schedule that I liked. I picked my own exercises for each muscle group.
Old 01-17-2006, 07:02 PM
worm696

I read all 12 weeks. It's not really a 12 week program....its more like 12 chapters to read. It goes into workout structure, set structure, different programs, nutrition, supplementing, resting principles, etc. I read the whole thing and took all that knowledge and applied it to a schedule that I liked. I picked my own exercises for each muscle group.
Got ya. Sounds like a good plan to me. I just do not know where to start as far as which excercises to do.
Old 01-17-2006, 07:04 PM
dubcac
I

Then take one of the workout programs he has on there...there are a ton....all of them are good.
Old 01-17-2006, 07:06 PM
Nightshade
un-Touch'd krew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Week one pretty much is the routine structure then the other weeks or chapters give you other things to work on such as warm ups, eating and nutrition etc. They do it in stages like that because you start off with the workout which is a big change in itself, then you add to the change through the course of time so it isn't a night and day change.

I use the workout structure as a basis for my own routine, but I just started using their platform because my schedule wasn't getting the results I wanted.
Old 01-17-2006, 07:08 PM
dubcac
I

I used a modified max-ot schedule. Instead of one muscle group per day and each muscle group once a week, I did two groups per day, and each group twice a week. I personally saw better gains that way, and it worked for me. I gained 9lbs in a month. I used the same set structure and warm up structure, just did everything twice.
Old 01-17-2006, 07:09 PM
worm696

Then take one of the workout programs he has on there...there are a ton....all of them are good.
Allright. I will start with one of those, untill I get the hang of things. Then I shall put my own together. I am excited about starting this, but I want to start RIGHT. That is where all of my precaution comes from.
Old 01-17-2006, 07:10 PM
Nightshade
un-Touch'd krew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used a modified max-ot schedule. Instead of one muscle group per day and each muscle group once a week, I did two groups per day, and each group twice a week. I personally saw better gains that way, and it worked for me. I gained 9lbs in a month. I used the same set structure and warm up structure, just did everything twice.
Yeah I am going to try the one group thing and see how it works for me for a couple weeks (once I am not sick) and if it's not the results desired I will probably modify it from there.

My problem is I tend to break routine a lot so I need a set schedule so I don't get sidetracked or skip a large number of days between workoutsh: