Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Hey you republicans

Old 12-09-2005, 12:07 PM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey you republicans

Just a minor request from me, for my own amusement, and hell maybe even yours.

I was looking at seeing that movie Syriana, the one with George Clooney, Matt Damon, the doctor from Star Trek Deep Space Nine and some other folks, about oil companies and such. On the yahoo user reviews, and the IMDb discussion boards, there are of course lots of republican type folks bashing the movie because it disagrees with their politics.

So, I'd love for a few of you to go see this movie and post what you have to say, and I promise I won't even try and contradict you. Because if you think about it, if you go spend your 9 bucks to go line the pockets of an evil hollywood liberal like George Clooney (who produced it), you've already sort of helped my cause, but yeah, that's not why I want you to see it. I just want to see what you folks' reactions are.
Old 12-09-2005, 12:12 PM
Brar
|:]

democrats > repubs h:
Old 12-09-2005, 12:13 PM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

Now now, let's refrain from engaging in stupid politicking. :nono:

I really just want to get some folks' opinions on it. Folks who may happen to share beliefs with people who have gone on other types of places like yahoo user reviews and imdb boards.
Old 12-09-2005, 12:15 PM
Wow Civic

I haven't seen the movie or even a synopsis on it. What's it exactly about without giving us spoilers?
Old 12-09-2005, 12:32 PM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

Originally Posted by Wow Civic
I haven't seen the movie or even a synopsis on it. What's it exactly about without giving us spoilers?
"From writer/director Stephen Gaghan, winner of the Best Screenplay Academy Award for 'Traffic,' comes 'Syriana,' a political thriller that unfolds against the intrigue of the global oil industry. From the players brokering back-room deals in Washington to the men toiling in the oil fields of the Persian Gulf, the film's multiple storylines weave together to illuminate the human consequences of the fierce pursuit of wealth and power. As a career CIA operative (George Clooney) begins to uncover the disturbing truth about the work he has devoted his life to, an up-and-coming oil broker (Matt Damon) faces an unimaginable family tragedy and finds redemption in his partnership with an idealistic Gulf prince (Alexander Siddig). A corporate lawyer (Jeffrey Wright) faces a moral dilemma as he finesses the questionable merger of two powerful U.S. oil companies, while across the globe, a disenfranchised Pakistani teenager (Mazhar Munir) falls prey to the recruiting efforts of a charismatic cleric. Each plays their small part in the vast and complex system that powers the industry, unaware of the explosive impact their lives will have upon the world. "

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1808631296/details
Old 12-09-2005, 01:03 PM
Tobra

Happy Hannuka Mike.

I don't go to the movies anymore. People are just too rude for me to be able to stand a big crowd of them like that. Consequently, can't comment until it comes out on video/DVD
Old 12-09-2005, 01:10 PM
Josh M

I'll go see it with you tonight Mike if you pick me up and pay for my ticket and you put out!
Old 12-09-2005, 01:22 PM
Derek
you motorboatin' s.o.b.

I plan on seeing this feature, but I am not a Republican.

or a Democrat
Old 12-09-2005, 01:36 PM
dj02
click click

olong: > this thread hfawk: :chuckles:

i kidd :hsd:
Old 12-09-2005, 02:00 PM
reno96teg

i'd rather a movie like this were made by some bipartisan fellow. not a wacko out-of-touch liberal like clooney. so i probably won't see it. and i certainly don't want to support him or any liberal while their views are so much against mine. likewise, i haven't seen most of michael moore's crap..