Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

What I learned today

Old 11-02-2005, 09:03 PM
Nightshade
un-Touch'd krew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What I learned today

Far end liberals are a bunch of fucking whack jobs.

Yeah I said it and I came to the realization that I am much more a moderate than a liberal or conservative.

So today there was that walk out on work to protest GW. So I grabbed the camera and called the local Lib rag to see if they would buy shots off me from it, they were interested so I headed downtown.

The scent of patchooulli pierced the air and although it was a really rather varied crowd it seemed as though no one in the entire thing had the same reasoning or a common idea between them. I saw signs about everythin from the WMD issue to the Katrina issue...:wtf:

Of course the one thing in common was they all disliked Bush and wanted him impeached....for a wide ranging variety of reasons...I probably missed the sign claiming he cheated on a spelling test in third grade or something as benign as that. So anyways I am there as a neutral observer and only to take shots.

I listen to the speeches which were really rather empty in content but a couple had something worth hearing, but only in part. Then the march started...oh boy a nice walk. So I grab my gear and get ahead of the crowd so I can get my shots...hmmm...no one was sure which way they were headed so they lined up behind a person and started walking.

Chanting any number of "cool" slogans they proceeded on the sidewalk and waiting for the crosswalk signs so as to not get hasssled by "the man". The police were doing a great job (yeah I said that) and were very admirable in their civility (something Portland has had problems with in the past).

Anyways so all is well, then after several blocks of seemingly random turns some kid decides it's a great place to start trouble (of course). Four of them lock arms and attempt to cross the street against the light (which the officers had warned they would not tolerate) and he is promptly taken down and arrested very tactfully after kicking one of the officers bicycles over. This causes people to freak out and chant "Let him go"...well it's pretty obvious he broke the law and knew what he was doing. So for 45 minutes it was an uncomfortable standoff of people yelling at the police and the police standing their ground.

Finally they get moving again and another brilliant mind decides to walk up the street side instead of on the sidewalk...so I start shooting knowing there is going to be a problem real quick. The officers tell him 3 times to get on the sidewalk but he continues on the gutter. As the officers grab for him his friends yank him onto the sidewalk and the officers have to do their job regardless and arest him for impeding traffic or something (just doing their job).

So after this happens and I have the shots leading up to and during this a guy decides to confront the officers asking why he was arrested when he didn't do anything So I tap him on the shooulder and show him what happened and he tried to argue that they had to tell him why his friend was being arrested (not true). So we get into an argument in front of the officers on horseback and they are laughing at the situation.

Anyways they finally end up at the federal building spewing their oddball rhetoric for a while and the whole thing kinda peters out.

So I have decided that although some may think I am some whack liberal utopianist.....I realize I am far from as whacked as some of these people I saw today on their "peace march".
Old 11-02-2005, 09:34 PM
dubcac
I

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

:rofl:

I saw a bumper sticker on my way to work..."Liberalism is a mental disorder"

Old 11-02-2005, 09:43 PM
reech-around
RIP Woong.

Originally Posted by dubcac

i'd rock that sticker along with an apple with a slash through it h:
Old 11-02-2005, 11:14 PM
dubcac
I

Originally Posted by reechy
i'd rock that sticker along with an apple with a slash through it h:
:werd:

It was right under his United States Army sticker :reechy:
Old 11-03-2005, 02:25 AM
bluetwo
Relevance is irrelevant

:werd:

It was right under his United States Army sticker :reechy:
Which by the way, is in no way an acurate representation of people in the military.
Old 11-03-2005, 03:11 AM
brtecson
pukimonster

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Yeah, that does sound kind of stupid, but every party has it's sore spots...
Old 11-03-2005, 05:22 AM
meredithf

those people have no real sense of what they are supposedly "fighting" for. sounds they just wasted a bunch of time and effort and got nothing accomplished.
Old 11-03-2005, 05:28 AM
BonzoAPD

Oh man I need to get one of those. :rofl: I'm sure it would go over well in NY :reechy: