Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

I get to go to court

Old 10-06-2005, 12:37 PM
HatchVX
Driving a Turbo 2L Terror

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I get to go to court

Well the guy who painted my hatch stole my motor and exhuast. What happen was i give him the shell and he was suppose to give me my motor and exhaust back to me. He and I agreed that i will get the motor swap and exhaust back. I talked to him 2 weeks after he painted my car and we were gonna to pull the motor, but then he said he didn't have the hoist and he would call me when he pulled it. From that point on, he never answered his cell , and his shop phone was turned off. So after about 3 months i went to the court and pressed charges. So Nov 1 i will be gonna to court to fight to get my motor and exhaust back. If anybody has hint or what not feel free to chime in.

Cliff notes..... Painter took my motor and exhuast and im pressing charges.
Old 10-06-2005, 12:39 PM
e3NiNe
#CustomUserTitle

wow. that SUCKS.

no pointers, but best of luck to you.
Old 10-06-2005, 12:42 PM
XScarAudio
///o\\\///o\\\

do you have anything in writing?
Old 10-06-2005, 12:44 PM
Kestrel
Push to shock!

Wait so he just stole the engine out of your car while he was painting it for you? What an asshole....

Anyways, if this is a criminal case, there isn't actually anything for you to do other than testify for the prosecution. The state will take care of the case, just cooperate with the police and prosecution as much as you can.
Old 10-06-2005, 12:48 PM
XScarAudio
///o\\\///o\\\

I think he gave the painter the shell for whatever reason under the condition that he was going to keep the motor/exhaust for himself....problem is, he handed over the shell w/ the exhaust and engine still in it and now the painter won't give it back

That correct?
Old 10-06-2005, 12:49 PM
HatchVX

the car that i had the motor in was one that got hit and i gave him the shell, but i kept the motor in so that he could take it to his shop, then we agreed that we will pull the motor and exhaust and i would take it to my house. I didn't do anything in writing b/c i have never had any problems with him b4 till now. Its gonna to be Civil case, b/c its a dispute b/t two people.
Old 10-06-2005, 12:50 PM
XScarAudio
///o\\\///o\\\

does he have a bill of sales or a title for the car? if not, get the whole car back.
Old 10-06-2005, 12:51 PM
eonsx311
today is not my birthday.

it is your word against his, if you have anything in writing it will help greatly. if you have any witnesses to it (make sure they are credible) bring them. you will get it back. people dont usualy just give cars to random people without somthing in return so the judge will take that into consideration.
Old 10-06-2005, 12:54 PM
HatchVX

yeah he has the title for the car. In hind sight i wish that i held onto the title until i got the motor and stuff
Old 10-06-2005, 12:55 PM
e3NiNe
#CustomUserTitle

Originally Posted by XScarAudio
does he have a bill of sales or a title for the car? if not, get the whole car back.
that is true.

If the motor is original, then the vin should be stamped on it.

then again, what if he stole the motor and claimed never to have gotten it with the car?