Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Need URGENT help in diagnosing car problem

Old 09-30-2005, 02:41 AM
Dekz
Driver of "The Coug"

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need URGENT help in diagnosing car problem

Ok, I was driving around in my car and everything was running fine. Stop at a gas station to check my tire pressure, get back in, car starts, idles rough, dies. I start the car again, it idles really rough at like 50 rpm for and actually would for quite a while (at least 30 seconds), if I hit the gas it dies.

So my friend and I are trying to diagnose the problem, make sure the MAF is plugged in, reset the ECU, nothing. Then when I'm trying to start it again, I notice something. My fuel pump isn't priming. Now right away this would make us think it was the fuel pump, except for the fact that it would stay running for quite a while. But after a few more tries, it will no longer run for more than a second or two, so we're 99% sure we're talkin fuel pump; Especially when you take into account that my car is famous for having a bad fuel pump, and I've yet to replace mine.

Any insight would be GREATLY appreciated.
Old 09-30-2005, 02:45 AM
Tankard

My 91 crx had the main relay go bad, which caused the fuel pump not to work properly.
Old 09-30-2005, 02:25 PM
Dekz
Driver of "The Coug"

Well today I went back and checked the fuel shutoff switch, or tried to. I see where it is supposed to be in my footwell but I sure couldn't see/feel anything like a switch or button, tonight I will go back and take off that little piece of interior trim for a better look. I also checked the fuel pump fuse, it was fine. I switched the fuel pump relay with the one right next to it, still no go.

Tonight I'm gonna push it to the shop and then unfortunately have to wait until monday for them to fix it.

I just got my car back on Monday from an $1,800 repair and then thursday night it breaks again :'(