Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

workout squad, i need your input

Old 09-22-2005, 02:01 PM
sinthetiq

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default workout squad, i need your input

so.. ive been workin out seriously for 3months.. goal was to drop some weight and get stronger.. i was 5'8 165-170.. ive dropped to 150.. anyways, i didnt take any supplements, jus ate healthy and cut soda. my regiment was basically.. 6days/week workout..

warmup - 1mile, lift weights for 1hr to 1hr30min (splits-- back/bi's, chest/tris, shoulder/legs), run 3miles on treadmill.. anyways, i did that for 3months, and i feel like taking some supplements..

anyways, im thinkin of buying some ON whey protein.. what else should i get, is l-glutamine good? i dont want to take creatine, or anything that might mess w/my system.

oh, and my goal is to get back into running shape .. i could run a 5k in less than 23min, but i used to be able to do it in less than 19.. but ya, lean mass is good, dont want to be bulky, but stronger the better

tia
Old 09-22-2005, 02:04 PM
dubcac
I

The ON whey protein has glutamine in it, and a decent amount. I just take that, and I like it. I notice more energy/stamina when I lift, and recovery time is better after lifting.
Old 09-22-2005, 02:07 PM
canada

Everyone is going to give their own inout and preference in Protein.

One of my favorites is IsoPure Dutch Chocolate. GREAT taste, 55grams and can be mixed with a spoon or shaken, so its convienent too.

I use L-Glutamine as well... I have two types actually. One is flavorless and you can add it to anything, juice, shake, water. Its supposed to help with maximinzing recovery by promoting energy building back up after workouts. The other one is Xymogen Glutaloemine. Its Pharamcutical grade for "professional use only". Basically its gluatamine but helps in the absorbtion process too by promoting good growth and absorbtion in the gastrointestinal system.

The of course Creatine, which I dont use too much.
Old 09-22-2005, 02:07 PM
sinthetiq

Originally Posted by dubcac
The ON whey protein has glutamine in it, and a decent amount. I just take that, and I like it. I notice more energy/stamina when I lift, and recovery time is better after lifting.
hm, what flavor do you recommend. what do you mix it w/and when do you take it. do you jus take the ON whey or do you take anything else?

oh, i forgot to say, i take a centrum multi-vit in the morning, and a vit b6 supplement at night (for the vivid dreams )
Old 09-22-2005, 02:09 PM
dubcac
I

Originally Posted by sinthetiq
hm, what flavor do you recommend. what do you mix it w/and when do you take it. do you jus take the ON whey or do you take anything else?

oh, i forgot to say, i take a centrum multi-vit in the morning, and a vit b6 supplement at night (for the vivid dreams )
I take just the ON whey. I have vanilla powder, and mix with orange juice in a shaker...tastes good. I take it immediately post workout, a double serving.
Old 09-22-2005, 02:21 PM
sinthetiq

Originally Posted by canada
Everyone is going to give their own inout and preference in Protein.

One of my favorites is IsoPure Dutch Chocolate. GREAT taste, 55grams and can be mixed with a spoon or shaken, so its convienent too.

I use L-Glutamine as well... I have two types actually. One is flavorless and you can add it to anything, juice, shake, water. Its supposed to help with maximinzing recovery by promoting energy building back up after workouts. The other one is Xymogen Glutaloemine. Its Pharamcutical grade for "professional use only". Basically its gluatamine but helps in the absorbtion process too by promoting good growth and absorbtion in the gastrointestinal system.

The of course Creatine, which I dont use too much.
sounds good

thanks, where do you guys order from?
Old 09-22-2005, 02:28 PM
canada

go to either vitamin shoppe or vitamin world

I got to the shoppe. They have a buyer program and you get like 1point per buch. plus its cheaper then GNC. and if you taste a protein and dont like it, you return the tub for a no charge no hassle exchange
Old 09-22-2005, 02:30 PM
HawtPants
the one and only

i used to take kirkland sig (costco brand) whey protein in chocolate. but if you are trying to get in running shape then just keep running. protein just makes you bigger :ugh:
Old 09-22-2005, 02:39 PM
sinthetiq

Originally Posted by canada
go to either vitamin shoppe or vitamin world

I got to the shoppe. They have a buyer program and you get like 1point per buch. plus its cheaper then GNC. and if you taste a protein and dont like it, you return the tub for a no charge no hassle exchange
yah, ive been lookin at vitamin shoppe.. 5% fatcash, free shipping on $50+, plus the coupons
Old 09-22-2005, 02:40 PM
sinthetiq

Originally Posted by HawtPants
i used to take kirkland sig (costco brand) whey protein in chocolate. but if you are trying to get in running shape then just keep running. protein just makes you bigger :ugh:
really? protein jus makes u bigger? =\ i wanna build lean mass, and i dont want to be rail thin..