Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Does this bother anyone else???

Old 07-19-2005, 09:20 AM
wilsel

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Does this bother anyone else???

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/07/19/tru....ap/index.html

However, a lawyer for Anibal Cruz's family said responsibility for the deaths is now "squarely on the shoulders of the police."

"I think the numbers speak for themselves," Peter M. Villari told The New York Times. "They were certainly alive when the police arrived and certainly well after the search started."

I would SO arrest the parents, and the owner of the car for 3 counts of child neglect. People are always looking for someone else to blame. Earlier in the article they stated the parents looked for the kids for 3 hrs before calling police. So how can they blame the police for not finding them, if THEY couldn't find them themselves.
Old 07-19-2005, 09:27 AM
dj02
click click

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wilsel

I would SO arrest the parents, and the owner of the car for 3 counts of child neglect. People are always looking for someone else to blame. Earlier in the article they stated the parents looked for the kids for 3 hrs before calling police. So how can they blame the police for not finding them, if THEY couldn't find them themselves.
that is so true. wow that sucks so bad. i mean they didnt hear them bannging on the trunk? that just sucks.
Old 07-19-2005, 10:45 AM
ED9man
driver

Suing the police is bullshit in my opinion.
Old 07-19-2005, 10:47 AM
95SiR
hood rich

f*ck them.
Old 07-19-2005, 10:50 AM
RB
snitches get stitches

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

eh, its the lawyer yappin' his mouth, not the parents:

""I don't think me and my husband want to go through that. Suing anybody or getting a lawyer isn't going to help us bring him back," Iraida Agosto said."
Old 07-19-2005, 11:19 AM
Bl@ck
Sinner

yeah this is some BS. where were the parents when their children were locking themselves in the trunk of an abandoned car?
Old 07-19-2005, 11:42 AM
Accord96
Lurker

Originally Posted by wilsel

I can wholeheartedly agree with arresting the parents for child abuse; however, I don't see how the owner of the car should be held liable. Unless there's something I missed? :dunno:
Old 07-19-2005, 11:53 AM
cowanpp
Card carrying badass

I'm pretty sure that the owner of the car and the parents are one in the same. I think it was some POS car they had sitting in their front yard or something.

Also, given the recent Supreme Court decision relating to the woman whose children were killed by her estranged husband after she had repeatedly called 911, I don't see how the police can have any liability in this case. If a case is filed it'll be kicked out immediately (or should be, given the precedent).
Old 07-19-2005, 12:16 PM
brtecson
pukimonster

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I don't think that the parents should be blamed at all. They just let their kids go out and play just like any other parent would. Also, like RB said, it's the lawyer who wants to sue, not the parents.
Old 07-19-2005, 12:33 PM
cowanpp
Card carrying badass

Originally Posted by brtecson
I don't think that the parents should be blamed at all. They just let their kids go out and play just like any other parent would. Also, like RB said, it's the lawyer who wants to sue, not the parents.
I disagree because I think the car belonged to one of the parents. I'd say they were at fault by creating the hazard on their property that eventually killed the kids. Well, not at fault, per se, but at least more at fault than the rescue workers who attempted to find the children.