Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Does this bother anyone else???

Old 07-19-2005, 12:35 PM
RB
snitches get stitches

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cowanpp
I disagree because I think the car belonged to one of the parents. I'd say they were at fault by creating the hazard on their property that eventually killed the kids. Well, not at fault, per se, but at least more at fault than the rescue workers who attempted to find the children.

Have you ever babysat? Children, especially at the ages the boys were, can make anything a safety hazard.
Old 07-19-2005, 01:10 PM
9600baud
JDM rox ur world

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Someone trying to make a quick buck by suing? Disturbing? yes. Unusual? no. Welcome to America!
Old 07-19-2005, 01:21 PM
Bl@ck
Sinner

Originally Posted by brtecson
I don't think that the parents should be blamed at all. They just let their kids go out and play just like any other parent would. Also, like RB said, it's the lawyer who wants to sue, not the parents.
a normal parent keeps an eye on their kids or makes sure there is a responsible adult nearby to do so. letting your kids out to roam the streets is anything but "normal"
Old 07-19-2005, 02:54 PM
Jessica
ch1x0r

Here's the thing- the one kid had a history of getting himself if car trunks. If I were that kids parent, that would have been one of the first places I looked. Its not the police's fault, they see to much today of kids getting abducted. Why would they look in a car trunk? Now the parents, they should have. Before the police can be blamed, those parents need to be taking a hard look at themselves.
Old 07-19-2005, 03:03 PM
dubcac
I

That's like what happened in LA a few weeks ago. A drug influenced guy with a gun, holding his young daughter as a hostage and using her as a shield. He had held his older daughter hostage before that, but she escaped. He fired at police numerous times before he came out with the daughter as a human shield, where he proceeded to unload 40-50 shots at the officers. They shot and killed him, and consequently, his daughter. Now the family is suing the department. Why can't people just own up for their actions? The family's lawyer is now trying to say it was racially motivated for the cops to shoot him...bullshit.
Old 07-19-2005, 03:08 PM
Bl@ck
Sinner

Originally Posted by dubcac
That's like what happened in LA a few weeks ago. A drug influenced guy with a gun, holding his young daughter as a hostage and using her as a shield. He had held his older daughter hostage before that, but she escaped. He fired at police numerous times before he came out with the daughter as a human shield, where he proceeded to unload 40-50 shots at the officers. They shot and killed him, and consequently, his daughter. Now the family is suing the department. Why can't people just own up for their actions? The family's lawyer is now trying to say it was racially motivated for the cops to shoot him...bullshit.

didn't you know? everything in LA is racially motivated. duh h:
Old 07-19-2005, 03:17 PM
dubcac
I

Originally Posted by /^Blackbacca^\
didn't you know? everything in LA is racially motivated. duh h:

Yep, definitely is. :chuckles:
Old 07-19-2005, 04:38 PM
tony
XBL: HotMilkGT // HAN H14

stupid people shouldnt get married and/or have kids
oh and stupid people shouldnt be allowed to hire lawyers or be lawyers

we're all smart here

and we all didnt lock our ass in the trunk when we're kids
Old 07-19-2005, 04:46 PM
Tobra

Originally Posted by tony
stupid people shouldnt get married and/or have kids

we're all smart here
I agree with number one, number two is sort of questionable.

I have said for years that the biggest problem in America is the dilution of the gene pool, stupid, welfare bunny types have five kids, smart people one or none

In this case, if someone told me we looked for 3 hours and could not find them, I would not start looking in the house or trunk of the car.

I guarantee you if some random kid gets himself in the trunk of your car and dies, you will get sued, and your insurance will settle
Old 07-19-2005, 09:16 PM
cowanpp
Card carrying badass

Originally Posted by Tobra

I guarantee you if some random kid gets himself in the trunk of your car and dies, you will get sued, and your insurance will settle
Not mine, b/c I'll file my own motions and get the case dismissed and if they settle without my permission, I'll sue their ass for not representing my interest.