Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Is window tint strictly enforced in your state?

Old 07-08-2005, 02:51 PM
Tankard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is window tint strictly enforced in your state?

In Ga, they recently did away with the window tint law. This made it leagal to have tint as dark as you wanted. Before this, the law was not really enforced strictly. I've had 20% on my car for the past 10 years or so. 32 is leagally as dark as you can go on a car. They recently re-enstated the law. A guy i work with got a ticket today for his car being 5%. He was followed into the parking lot where we work. He also, i'm sure pointed out my car being illeagal. The cop told him he can't write me a ticket, because my car was just sitting there. This sucks. Now i feel obligated to go rip my tint off.
Old 07-08-2005, 02:52 PM
dj02
click click

cali hell ya!
Old 07-08-2005, 02:54 PM
flipped cracka
BOOM goes the dynamite!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

as long as the front isn't super dark, there's no problem.
Old 07-08-2005, 03:03 PM
mike01civic

In Pennslyvania, it's more or less a county thing. Some counties are tint-nazi's some don't give a fuck.

In my area, hell yea...they'll stick u with a tint ticket cuz they know the people out here have the money to pay them.
Old 07-08-2005, 03:24 PM
HondaHoney
My other car is a PUC

yep, but they usually pull you over for something else then ticket you for the tint.
Old 07-08-2005, 04:17 PM
LT
The deer had to die!

it's not really enforced out here in SEPA.
Old 07-08-2005, 04:21 PM
Skelly_GSR
RB does men

Originally Posted by CG5TougeMaster
you can use almost anything to autocross if it's setup right. civics are good base cars. i race a 2000 accord EX 4door. i've only gotten to compete twice because of work and other things coming up on race days, but i've taken 1st place in STS both times i raced. road courses are fun too. i've taken the accord and my civic si out to the track and my accord did the most damage. i shocked alot of people with how fast the car is on a road course, and autocross tracks. with the suspsension, brakes, and tires setup correctly, this type of racing is really dependent more on the driver's skills than the car. like civicsiracer said, it really is 90% driver. that's why i love racing so much. drag racing is weak in comparison because a bad driver could win with enough power. work on your suspension, and practice your driving skills as much as possible. but watch out, once you get started you're gonna be hooked lol
Originally Posted by mike01civic
In Pennslyvania, it's more or less a county thing. Some counties are tint-nazi's some don't give a fuck.

In my area, hell yea...they'll stick u with a tint ticket cuz they know the people out here have the money to pay them.
Originally Posted by CG5TougeMaster
you can use almost anything to autocross if it's setup right. civics are good base cars. i race a 2000 accord EX 4door. i've only gotten to compete twice because of work and other things coming up on race days, but i've taken 1st place in STS both times i raced. road courses are fun too. i've taken the accord and my civic si out to the track and my accord did the most damage. i shocked alot of people with how fast the car is on a road course, and autocross tracks. with the suspsension, brakes, and tires setup correctly, this type of racing is really dependent more on the driver's skills than the car. like civicsiracer said, it really is 90% driver. that's why i love racing so much. drag racing is weak in comparison because a bad driver could win with enough power. work on your suspension, and practice your driving skills as much as possible. but watch out, once you get started you're gonna be hooked lol
or their parents can pay for the ticket
Old 07-08-2005, 04:22 PM
LT
The deer had to die!

^can you stop quoting you moron!?!
Old 07-08-2005, 04:32 PM
mike01civic

Originally Posted by Skelly_GSR
or their parents can pay for the ticket
or for their Type R's