Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Is window tint strictly enforced in your state?

Old 07-09-2005, 05:30 PM
Tankard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tobra
only if he is a dick with nothing better to do, in which case, you best have a note from a doctor, like me
You think you could help me fix up a fake doctors note? :rick:
Old 07-09-2005, 08:05 PM
Andy
Hybrid Forum Moderator

I got a ticket for my 240 right after I bought it in Greensburg over here in the southwestern corner of PA. I know the law says the back windows can be as dark as you want but the driver and passanger can only be like 15%. The cop pulled me over because he said he couldn't read the temporary registration tag in my back window (all windows are tinted pretty dark, probably 80%, was on there when I bought it). He told me to roll up my drivers window and cliped a device on there that measures the tint and wrote me a ticket. I fought it and won (told them I removed it but the clutch had failed so I couldn't drive, the clutch did actually fail but I never removed the tint). I won and got my money back.

'06 Subaru Legacy Spec B - Stock, for now
'98 Civic EX - CTR headlights and grill, Kosei K1's, for sale
'90 240SX - SR20DET that will never get installed, project car.
Old 07-09-2005, 09:55 PM
veen
Seņor Member

Originally Posted by Andy
I got a ticket for my 240 right after I bought it in Greensburg over here in the southwestern corner of PA. I know the law says the back windows can be as dark as you want but the driver and passanger can only be like 15%. The cop pulled me over because he said he couldn't read the temporary registration tag in my back window (all windows are tinted pretty dark, probably 80%, was on there when I bought it). He told me to roll up my drivers window and cliped a device on there that measures the tint and wrote me a ticket. I fought it and won (told them I removed it but the clutch had failed so I couldn't drive, the clutch did actually fail but I never removed the tint). I won and got my money back.
80% doesnt exist. The lower the number is the darker the tint, because thats the percent of light it lets in or out or somethin
Old 07-10-2005, 11:23 AM
Andy
Hybrid Forum Moderator

80% dark, 20% through maybe. I don't really know how tint is labeled, maybe it's 20% (it's dark). I'm not a big tint guy but I was planning to keep it on the 240 considering I'm dropping the A/C system when I finish swapping the SR20 in so I figured it might help. I know when I had my old blazer done they did the back windows dark it was 80/20 whatever and these windows seem the same.

'06 Subaru Legacy Spec B - Stock, for now
'98 Civic EX - CTR headlights and grill, Kosei K1's, for sale
'90 240SX - SR20DET that will never get installed, project car.
Old 07-10-2005, 12:39 PM
Tobra

Originally Posted by Tankard
You think you could help me fix up a fake doctors note? :rick:
DO you have melanoma or a some other reason to have a note from a doctor?