Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router with SRX - WRT54GX

Old 06-20-2005, 07:24 PM
Samson
chris is the devil

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router with SRX - WRT54GX

Does anyone have this router/have any comments about it? I need a new router... im having problems staying connected througout the house, on both laptops and desktops..

Also, does anyone have the Belkin Pre-N router?

Thanks
Sean

The Wireless-G Broadband Router with SRX is really three devices in one box. First, there's the Wireless Access Point, which lets you connect Wireless-G, Wireless-B, and other performance-enhanced SRX devices to the network. There's also a built-in 4-port full-duplex 10/100 Switch to connect your wired-Ethernet devices together. Finally, the Router function ties it all together and lets your whole network share a high-speed cable or DSL Internet connection. The Wireless-G Broadband Router with SRX combines smart antenna technology with standards-based Wireless-G (802.11g) networking. By overlaying the signals of two Wireless-G compatible radios, the "Multiple In, Multiple Out" (MIMO) technology effectively doubles the data rate. Unlike ordinary wireless networking technologies that are confused by signal reflections, MIMO actually uses these reflections to increase the range and reduce "dead spots" in the wireless coverage area. The robust signal travels farther, maintaining wireless connections up to 3 times farther than standard Wireless-G. And the farther away you are, the more advantage you get -- the higher data rate and reflection-friendly technology can yield up to 8 times more throughput than Wireless-G in some situations. The router avoids interference by dynamically switching to the clearest channel available. Even your standard Wireless-G and -B equipment will work better when communicating with SRX-enabled devices.
Old 06-20-2005, 10:24 PM
Dweezel
d@weezel music

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My roommate built my wireless router into a linux box. I just don't ask