Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

My review of the 2005 Nissan Maxima 3.5SE

Old 05-08-2005, 03:00 PM
Kestrel
Push to shock!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AcuraFanatic
I much rather have a 350Z or G35 Coupe or sedan over a Maxima. Maxima's are nice, but for how close they are in price to the G35 Sedan, I'd just get the RWD Infiniti and avoid the torque steer. h:

I think the interior materials of the Maxima are teh suck anyway.
MSRP for a Maxima is pretty high, but recently there have been a lot of discounts for them. My dad almost picked one up for 23K, a better price than for a comparably equipped Accord or Camry.
Old 05-08-2005, 03:50 PM
19.3secS2K
my bum is on the swedish!

Originally Posted by rich
personally i think the maxima has too much power for its own good (same with the last generation I35). "other than RWD" is a pretty broad statement because it entirely changes the character of the car.
yeah, there's too much torque steere.

but I perfer FWD over RWD, but thats because I drive 100% on public roads, never see any race tracks or anything. I perfer its practicality, especially in the rain.

the biggest difference between the Z and G is the weight penalty and longer wheelbase. the Z has a jittery and choppy ride but accelerates faster. i had a lot seat time in a 350Z before i bought my car, and honestly the ride wasn't even the deciding factor. i was more along the practical side and went with the G because of the longer warranty and better dealer service (including loaner cars). also the price difference was almost null, because a track Z was $34.5k while mine was $34.9k - and included a bunch of other gadgets you can't even get in a Z.
eh, I'm not much into nav systems or high-output factory radios. I like to do my own audio install work, so the type of person I am is the one who would by the base model and do the shit I wanted myself (as per my civic)

yeah, to each their own h:

Originally Posted by AcuraFanatic
I much rather have a 350Z or G35 Coupe or sedan over a Maxima. Maxima's are nice, but for how close they are in price to the G35 Sedan, I'd just get the RWD Infiniti and avoid the torque steer. h:
the maxi's we rent are $27k, nicely equiped. I'd rock it.

but I'm a sedan whore, too. I don't like coupes with long doors, since they're hard to open in parking lots and shit.

I think the interior materials of the Maxima are teh suck anyway.
I like the way the fabric wraps around the dash, and makes it stick out kinda. Its hard to describe if you haven't seen it, but I really enjoy its cabin. But then again, I drive a '96 civic h:

Originally Posted by Kestrel
MSRP for a Maxima is pretty high, but recently there have been a lot of discounts for them. My dad almost picked one up for 23K, a better price than for a comparably equipped Accord or Camry.
the maxi's only expensive if you deck it out with useless shit like navigation and whatnot.

the $27k maxi's will get you 6 airbags, a 6speaker cd/cass/am/fm, pw/pl/keyless, 18" rims, and a bunch of room and power.

I dunno, I'd rock it. but for that much, I'd just save up another $5000 for the TL
Old 05-08-2005, 04:13 PM
mike01civic

Originally Posted by 18secFerio
oh, I'm sorry. You car is more appealing in terms of style as well. happy?
did it have 5.1 sound for your massive 5" lcd and ps2? :chuckles:
Old 05-08-2005, 07:22 PM
19.3secS2K
my bum is on the swedish!

Originally Posted by mike01civic
did it have 5.1 sound for your massive 5" lcd and ps2? :chuckles:
dumbfuck must not have even read a post in this thread.

but if you want to know my audio system, it comprises of a clarion HU, focal mid/highs, mtx sub, an alpine amp, and a jl audio amp.

the 5" lcd and ps2 are just for shits and grins

and go fuck yourself

btw, I remember when you got banned for making fun of fatbooties nose :reechy:

if any of you want a ballah car, get this shit right here :woowoo:

nothing says generic like a civic on 17s